dodge m37 pedal blocks

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

nutsfor59
PFC
PFC

dodge m37 pedal blocks

Post by nutsfor59 »

hi,does anyone out there know the real reason the small rubber or wood blocks are between the pedal and underside of the floor panel ?? is it simply for anti rattle or is it to help with adjustment ?? i've seen these on a few m37's but not everyone,in the field modification ?? must be some reason.....thanks
M37UK
SSGT
SSGT

Re: dodge m37 pedal blocks

Post by M37UK »

I think they are for people with long legs, like me, who find it hard to press the clutch pedal in its "normal" position.
The blocks help to lower the pedal a few inches.
Stu

1952 Dodge M37 with 1952 M101 Trailer
MVT UK
SMVG Scotland
nutsfor59
PFC
PFC

Post by nutsfor59 »

,imay not have described it correct,these blocks are under the floor board and at the nery least prevent the pedals from hitting were they come thru the floor,my guess is to prevent rattles but maybe to take up play ???,all opinions on this welcome !!
M37UK
SSGT
SSGT

Post by M37UK »

I have the block on my clutch pedal, under the floorboard and it
Prevents the pedal from returning to a position which would
be too upright for me to oprate easily.

Hope this helps
Stu

1952 Dodge M37 with 1952 M101 Trailer
MVT UK
SMVG Scotland
k8icu
1SG
1SG

Post by k8icu »

I believe the main reason for the blocks or pads was to do two things. 1. Stop the peddle from slaming metal to metal againts the toe boards when you released the peddle and 2. to help prevent rattles and squeaks as one operates the vehicle.
M37s are HMMWV in my world!
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

The original rubber draft pads served both of those functions and kept (some of) the road dust out of the cab. The spacer blocks are just that...spacers. They keep the pedal from coming all the way up. You have to remember to adjust your clutch/brake linkage accordingly if you use them.

(Reason for edit: removed some extra letters. My keyboard is getting old and several of the letters now "double" on me when I hit them.)
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"