Anyone been out to play in the snow yet?

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Tyroma
PFC
PFC

Anyone been out to play in the snow yet?

Post by Tyroma »

Hey Gang...

I got out and played around a bit with the M37 in the snow today...WOW...wouldn't want to drive any distance in snow or ice in one! Tires ripped up the grass under the snow with all the spinning!

Lots of fun, though. I will maybe get out and play again tomorrow.

Anyone got any horror stories about M37's in bad weather?

TY
Cal_Gary

Re: Anyone been out to play in the snow yet?

Post by Cal_Gary »

Not yet-just installed my rebuilt starter in 20 degree weather last weekend and am waiting for the next storm (now that I'm off "deadline").
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
cuz
1SG
1SG

Post by cuz »

My tractor's down for maintenance so I have been working the M37 in the snow for the last 3 weeks moving round bales to the wife's horses. The 20" dump 2 weeks ago never slowed her down.
Attachments
2.JPG
2.JPG (178.05 KiB) Viewed 1132 times
1.JPG
1.JPG (182.73 KiB) Viewed 1132 times
Wes K
wsknettl@centurytel.net

54 M37, 66 M101, 45MB, 51 M38, 60 CJ5, 46 T3-C
MVPA 22099

Disclaimer: Any data posted is for general info only and may not be M37 specific or meet with the approval of some esteemed gurus.
Tyroma
PFC
PFC

Post by Tyroma »

Great pic! I have the standard NDT tires on mine...I'll bet the tire on your truck, with the added tread, are a bit better.

Thanks for sharing!

Ty
SOTVEN
SFC
SFC

Post by SOTVEN »

I WAS OUT LAST NIGHT PLAYING WITH A SHOVEL, A BROOM, AND A SNOW BLOWER :lol:

NICE PICTURES CUZ :)
LIFE IS SHORT AND ENDS UNEXPECTEDLY. MAKE EVERY MOMENT WORTH REMEMBERING.
monkeymissile
SSGT
SSGT

Post by monkeymissile »

I have heard (frequently) that the NDTs are next to useless in snow and wet conditions
1953 Dodge M43

Fail often to succeed sooner
8543bob
SSGT
SSGT

Post by 8543bob »

GOOD AM TO ALL,
I had my M out during the last snow fall, Christmas weekend, 28' in our area, Rockaway Beach, NY 11697. Its the first time in the snow. Last winter the M was laid up with a connecting rod knock. I found the NDT's preformed real well, I travelled the roads in 2WD except when I got to a snow drift or deep snow, then 4WD high proved all I needed. On the way to shovel off the boats a GM Avalange was blocking the road, stuck in a snow drift, I needed to use to get to the boat yard. I keep a tow rope wrapped on the front bumper, in case I needed to be towed. I have not needed the tow rope for awhile. I attached the rope to his trailer hitch; had to pull him on an angle due to the narrow road, not a problem, 4Wd high, in reverse, yanked him right out. Very happy with the NDT's and I like the look. BOB
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

I cleared the driveway of about 4', most we have had, not like last year. Last night the local weather guy said only Florida is without snow, counting Hawaii's snow capped volcanoes.
Carter
Life Member:
Delta, Peach Bottom Fish & Game Assn.
Nickathome
1SG
1SG

Post by Nickathome »

Tyroma wrote:Hey Gang...

I got out and played around a bit with the M37 in the snow today...WOW...wouldn't want to drive any distance in snow or ice in one! Tires ripped up the grass under the snow with all the spinning!

Lots of fun, though. I will maybe get out and play again tomorrow.

Anyone got any horror stories about M37's in bad weather?

TY
I got stuck in the snow last year. I hit a tight curve too slow and slid into the inside corner of the drainage slough. NDT's let me down hard that day. Took a half hour to free myself. Of course I didn't think to prior air down my tires but hindsight is 20/20. I love the look of NDT's but now after living it, think they suck in snow. Better to run a different tread pattern for playing in snow, or invest in a set of chains if you insist on running NDT's in the white stuff.
Frank Irons
PVT
PVT

Post by Frank Irons »

Not much snow here in south east Wisconsin. I've been waiting for the motherload of snow to play in for the last ten years, until then the truck stays in the garage.

Frank