MV Alaska Highway Cruise

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

retiredguy
SGT
SGT

MV Alaska Highway Cruise

Post by retiredguy »

Is anyone interested going on a cruise? It is a group called MVPA (military vehicle preservation association). It may be far away for some but check out this facebook site. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=121826624534261. if this link doesn't work search MVPA Alaska Highway Convoy. It should be a blast.
Don't procrasinate! Do it now!
cuz
1SG
1SG

Re: MV Alaska Highway Cruise

Post by cuz »

Check out the comments already posted a third of the way down this page.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3382
Wes K
wsknettl@centurytel.net

54 M37, 66 M101, 45MB, 51 M38, 60 CJ5, 46 T3-C
MVPA 22099

Disclaimer: Any data posted is for general info only and may not be M37 specific or meet with the approval of some esteemed gurus.
retiredguy
SGT
SGT

Post by retiredguy »

wrote:
>
oops! please remove this post then.

Thank you

Next time I'll read more carefully.
Don't procrasinate! Do it now!
SydneyM37
CPL
CPL

Post by SydneyM37 »

wrote:
>
I know a couple of my mates here in Australia will be attending, so that leaves you state side guys no excuse
Keep em green to keep ya keen
Cat Man

Post by Cat Man »

Hey Convoy Drivers,

Sounds like there are quite a few who are planning to drive the convoy but have not signed up yet. The Convoy team is working hard on were to stay, where to get fuel, Maintenance locations and forming collection convoys from all over the US and Canada.

IT would be a big help to sign up NOW so we have a count on people and vehicles. The large number of vehicles in the convoy will require us to let the fuel stations at our stopping points order ahead when they know we are coming. Same thing with Camping and Motel Spaces.

My wife and I and two other drivers are going to drive the route in May (2010) by motor home to recon the AC12 convoy route and the facilities. We really need to have a better count. Please contact the convoy comander thru the MVPA web site and get on the list if you have not done so.

Our WC21 is coming along. Engine transmission and transfer case are done and in. Working on axles and brakes now. It's going to be a great trip. See you in Dawson Creek!!!!

Cat Man AKA Jeff Rowsam Convoy XO
Cat Man
cuz
1SG
1SG

Post by cuz »

Jeff,

Are you trailering from Wisconsin? Anyone else going with you from Wisconsin?
Wes K
wsknettl@centurytel.net

MVPA 22099

Disclaimer: Any data posted is for general info only and may not be M37 specific or meet with the approval of some esteemed gurus.
hndrsonj
PVT
PVT

Post by hndrsonj »

I think it would be a great trip, wish I could go.
m-11
SGT
SGT

Post by m-11 »

Anyone know where I can find the route to be traveled?
cuz
1SG
1SG

Post by cuz »

http://www.mvpa.org/

Left column at the bottom "Convoys"

There's a PDF doc you can download here: http://mvpa.org/ALCANconvoy/docs/AC12-2 ... ts_V03.pdf
Map sm.JPG
Map sm.JPG (108.46 KiB) Viewed 1016 times
Wes K
wsknettl@centurytel.net

MVPA 22099

Cat Man

Re: MV Alaska Highway 2012 Convoy

Post by Cat Man »

There is also a little side trip planned that is not shown on the MVPA event map. When we reach Dawson City, the convoy will drive North thru Eagle Plains and up to the Arctic Circle. Just to say we did it. Then return south to Dawson City, cross the Yukon river by ferry boat and on to Chicken Alaska.

As of mid March there are over 40 HMV's registered, paid and in line to go. More on the ready list. This is going to get big.

The RECON team will be driving the route by motorhome in May 2011 to confirm the route, fuel availability, motels, campgrounds and driving schedule. watch for updates when they are on the recon mission the last two weeks of May.

Motel space will be tight. Motels are already taking 2012 reservations so don't wait to sign up.

Cat Man

Convoy XO
Cat Man