dodge m37 battery box

Buy and sell M37 and related stuff

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Forum rules
Your Location must be included in your advertisement or it may removed without notice.
nutsfor59
PFC
PFC

dodge m37 battery box

Post by nutsfor59 »

hey,any m37 guys out there have the battery chamber "wall" found in the 100 amp trucks,located under the seat ???? most likely out of a parts truck....
snowdad
SGT
SGT

Re: dodge m37 battery box

Post by snowdad »

What wall are you talking about? Mine is the 100 amp model and I am unfamiliar with this item. Anyone have a pic as I plan on starting the restoration next year.
Phillip
nutsfor59
PFC
PFC

Post by nutsfor59 »

hi,there is a wall/divider in the battery box area and the "battery box" is not used in the 100 amp set-up i've been told,i do not have a picture as of yet but i did see this set up on my friends m37,if i can get a pic i will post it.
UZIS9MM
PFC
PFC

Post by UZIS9MM »

Nutsfor59,

My truck has a military installed 100 amp system in it. The only divider present is the one that is normally found under the passenger seat that separates the compartment into two smaller compartments. One of the compartments holds the battery box (not present in my truck) and the other is more or less a small storage area. The battery box in my truck was removed (I'm assuming during the conversion to a 100 amp system) and a form cut piece of plywood with 2x2's and 2x4's, used to support and separate the two batteries, was put in the compartment in place of a battery box.

When I bought my M37 it had two very large 12v truck batteries shoe horned into the battery box area and I've continued to use that size battery, I've never had any trouble powering my truck or radio(s).

I'll try to get some pictures and post them but my truck is hibernating for the winter and is a little difficult to get to right now.

Kevin