Beware of Military Mules & David Kelone

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

m37brat
PVT
PVT

Beware of Military Mules & David Kelone

Post by m37brat »

A month ago I bought a full set of data plates for my M43. I bought them from David Kelone who runs Military Mules and talked to him on the phone. He was going out of town for a couple of days and told me he would ship the following week and charged me $20.00 shipping. Now I know everyones seems to play games with shipping costs but these plates could have be shipped in a USPS flat rate envelope for $4.90 and the package could have been picked up at his home. After three weeks I emailed several times to no avail. I finally got him back on the phone and was presented with an attitude. He promised to ship within the week and again blew me off. Fortunately I paid through PayPal so I was able to get my money back.

I tell you this so you can take care before you buy anything from this clown. If you feel you must, I strongly suggest you also use PayPal to protect yourself. It's a real shame because this jerk bought this business from someone else a while back. I bought several sets from the prior guy with no problem and actually would recommend him.

BUYER BEWARE
hndrsonj
PVT
PVT

Re: Beware of Military Mules & David Kelone

Post by hndrsonj »

Are you just going around all the internet sites posting this? Pretty sure there'll be a reply from david soon.
DKELONE

Post by DKELONE »

M27brat does not tell quite all of the story. I explained to him that I had just returned from 3 weeks on the road going to the Red Ball Show, the Alliance OH show, and traveling from IL to NC to MD to PA, etc to buy plates. To add to the away time I was enroute to the Knob Creek Shoot on the next day after his order was received(10/5). Following the shoot I had mules to pick up in MI before coming home. He was told that I would not be shipping quickly initially & at least twice later. Never did he ask for a refund but proceded to file a dispute with paypal(11/2). I refunded his money within minutes of receiving his complaint.
In his order he was charged $5 for flat rate postage and $20 for stamping his plate order. It took him 11 days and 4 emails to decide to order. He ordered plates from me at mvdataplates--Military Mules was never mentioned. He also is complaining about excessive postage when he was only charged $5 for a flat rate envelope. He is ready to complain but not good at reading invoices or listening to phone conversations.
I admit that I am slower than normal at present but I am working to clean up the backlog. I have not been here to handle the stamping, sorting, & shipping chores. Now that the show season is over I can get things cleaned up. I am a one man band but not a clown or a jerk.
I have several orders outstanding at present & am workiing on getting them out asap. Thanks for your patience and if you prefer a refund just let me know.
By the way, i had to register here to tell the whole story on this order as this guy is posting his slanted verision of the truth anywhere he can. I have visited this site a few times to get info for plate stamping & now may use it a bit more.
Thanks, David
SOTVEN
SFC
SFC

Post by SOTVEN »

IN GREECE WE SAY "THE TRUTH, JUST LIKE OIL, WILL ALWAYS SURFACE SOONER OR LATER". IT IS SAD WHEN BUSINESS AMONG MEN GO
"SOUR" DUE TO BAD COMMUNICATIONS HOWEVER. I SUGGEST YOU TWO GUYS TRY TO WORK THINGS OUT IF POSSIBLE.
LIFE IS SHORT AND ENDS UNEXPECTEDLY. MAKE EVERY MOMENT WORTH REMEMBERING.
Sal
SFC
SFC

Post by Sal »

I bought a set of Data Plates for my Trailer about 2 months ago from David, I didn't have any trouble and they came out great... It took about a month for me to get them....

Sal
:mrgreen:
1954 M37 WO/W
1969 M101A1
1967 M416
m15256
CPL
CPL

Post by m15256 »

I emailed David several times over a year asking about supplying/making M56 plates. He never bothered to reply. I'll do business with anybody. They have to at least make an attempt at a response. I figured he'd gone out of business and I was wasting my time. Maybe I'm supposed to use a secret code word or something.
RICK
M 152 CDN
M 56 (V41)
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

Awww, c'mon, guys! It's comments like that that get the moderators' "delete" buttons going.

I don't know Mr. Kelone personally, but I do know that his is a one-man operation, which he bought from someone else who also ran the business as a one-man operation. He takes time off to attend various MV shows/rallies/events for our convenience. I imagine he also has an MV or two of his own, which I'm sure you know requires considerable attention if he is to get it/keep it on the road. Who knows? He may even have a "real" job eating into his production time. Think you can do any better? Make him an offer he can't refuse, and I'll bet you find yourself in the data plate business pretty quick!

I'm not pointing my finger at anyone in particular, but I do get kind of tired at some of the sniping I see going on around here from time to time. Not tired enough to say "I've had it," but tired enough to say something (for whatever that's worth).

OK. Rant over. Let's play nice, now, please.
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
Kurt Hirte
PFC
PFC

Post by Kurt Hirte »

Well said Lifer. KH
Monkey Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monkey Man »

Yep, sniping, bitching and general unpleasantness is something I don't like to see on Robi's Forum, I was indeed almost going to modify the post and delete it if it turned any worse. Lifer is right, I will remove anything from this site that just dosen't belong, debate is fine so long as it stays civil, anything of an untoward nature will be "taken Away" by the resident Monkey.
As Said, Play nice.....

Best Regards - MM :D
Trained Monkey on Guard
dodgem37@netspace.net.au
M37UK
SSGT
SSGT

Post by M37UK »

here here !
Stu

1952 Dodge M37 with 1952 M101 Trailer
MVT UK
SMVG Scotland
m15256
CPL
CPL

Post by m15256 »

David recently sent me a very nice PM saying he had not gotten any of my e-mails. Perhaps his computer thought I was spamming. I look forward to doing business with him and hope he can help me solve my data plate problem.
RICK
M 152 CDN
M 56 (V41)
m37jarhead
SFC
SFC

Post by m37jarhead »

I've known David Kelone for several years and have had the opportunity to deal with him at Iola, national conventions, and the Papago Military Show in Phoenix. He's a straight up guy that deserves our respect. Like many of us, he too has a lot of irons in the fire and does extensive traveling to military shows. I would suggest to anyone who needs data plates on short notice to first ask David what HIS schedule looks like.
He can tell you what to expect and then YOU will not be disappointed.

Jerry Bubolz
Arizona Military Vehicle Collectors Club
Phoenix, Arizona
Member: Arizona Military Vehicle Collector's Club, Treasurer.
Past Pres
Member: MVPA #26600
Member: NRA
‘43 GPW, '53 M37 W/W, ‘54 M170 Field Ambulance,
59 M43, '76 M151A2, '86 CUCV,
'43 GPW, 416 & 101 trailers.
43 REME Willys

Post by 43 REME Willys »

I hope you dont mind m37brat I wrote this on G503 under MB GPW Technical Knowledge Base because I TOO WAS RIPPED OF BY DAVID KELONE/CLOWN

Post a reply 4 posts • Page 1 of 1 Beware of Military Mules & David Kelone
by 43 REME WILLYS » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:01 pm

" Beware of Military Mules & David Kelone
by m37brat » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:37 pm "

" A month ago I bought a full set of data plates for my M43. I bought them from David Kelone who runs Military Mules and talked to him on the phone. He was going out of town for a couple of days and told me he would ship the following week and charged me $20.00 shipping. Now I know everyones seems to play games with shipping costs but these plates could have be shipped in a USPS flat rate envelope for $4.90 and the package could have been picked up at his home. After three weeks I emailed several times to no avail. I finally got him back on the phone and was presented with an attitude. He promised to ship within the week and again blew me off. Fortunately I paid through PayPal so I was able to get my money back.

I tell you this so you can take care before you buy anything from this clown. If you feel you must, I strongly suggest you also use PayPal to protect yourself. It's a real shame because this jerk bought this business from someone else a while back. I bought several sets from the prior guy with no problem and actually would recommend him.

BUYER BEWARE "

I found that complaint by m37brat on a differant site, and thought you all should know. I too have been ripped off by DAVID KELONE he not only over charged me, he also requested i include $5.00 more so he could return my plate back in a crush proof package. After not hearing from him in months, and countless attempts to reach him i finally got ahold of him and he told me i never sent him money later he confesses he lost it ! I mean come on " LOST IT " ? He was rude, confrontational and uncooperative. Finaly i get a letter from him and could feel the plate in the envelope. First think i though was WHAT HAPPENED TO THE $5.00 FOR THE CRUSH PROOF PACKAGE !! I opened the envelope and this is what i got. ( look for for pic. on g503 MB GPW Technical Knowledge Base/Beware of Military Mules & David Kelone

not only the plate was all bent up but the letters were smaller then anything i ever saw on any other data plate. I showed it to some millitary guys and emailed pics of it to others and they all agree the letters are TO SMALL and the wrong font. Now i know David Clown or one of his friends will respond with a bunch of excuses and bla bla bla to defend himself but come everybody DONT THE PICS SPEAK FOR ITSELF ? My lesson is cut my losses and research more before i send my hard earned money to anyonee I TOO WAS RIPED OF BY DAVID KELONE/CLOWN
43 REME Willys

Post by 43 REME Willys »

I wish i could of attached the pic. of the plate i got from Kelone but the site says beyond its limit.

IM NOT TRYING TO CAUSE PROBLEMS ON THIS WONDERFULL SITE
I JUST THINK PEOPLE SHOULD BE ABLE TO SHARE THERE EXPERIENCES GOOD OR BAD
AND RESPOND TO OTHER POSTED COMMENTS
Tanner
SGT
SGT

Post by Tanner »

So... you joined here to bitch about a supposed event that no one here - including Kojak, the Detroit Police Department, or Gandhi - can confirm occurred?

And we can only get one side of the story? First - I'd recommend that you post it under a new message, with a Subject line like "I Have Had An Issue With a Vendor" -

Then - post facts without jumping to name calling, accusations of being cheated, etc... People will take you more seriously at first. Seems to me that you've already stacked the deck against yourself by starting out with an inflammatory shot across David's bow -

C'mon... you can do better than that.

'T'