Wiring Harness

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Gerry
MSGT
MSGT

Wiring Harness

Post by Gerry »

I would like to make my own harness to save some money but mine is destroyed and there is no way to copy it. Does anyone have any detailed instructions on how to make one. I want to stay original looking and have signals.
Thanks,
Gerry

53 M37
rixm37
MSGT
MSGT

Re: Wiring Harness

Post by rixm37 »

One thing you should do is cut off all your ends and save the shells and bullets. The bullets can be drilled out with 1/8 drill and soldered using a 250 to 300 watt gun or iron. I used lots of my old ones on my new harness especially re doing the blinkers. Also check the wire tags each wire has a number that matches the military wiring diagrams. If you have the military blinkers they should be in the 460 numbers.
IGN Switch

The wires for the ign sw.

I have more on the blinkers Hope this helps you get started. :D
1952 M37
M101 trailer
1942 Chevy G506
Gerry
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Gerry »

rixm,
Thanks for the info. Wes had given me some good stuff too but lightning took out my computer with his files.
Also hoping for some picts of a harness showing lenghts of the wires etc...
Thanks,
Gerry

53 M37
cuz
1SG
1SG

Post by cuz »

Gerry,

You can download copies of the early M series turn signal kit MWO at my photo site:
http://mturnsignal.mypicgallery.com/

M series switch and plug pin outs are on this page:
http://jeep-electrical.mypicgallery.com/

I doubt you will have any luck with harness and wire lengths and photos. If you want her to be correct then you can go to the ORD 9 for the parts list. Only thing missing there is the lengths.

If there's anything else you recall just give me your email address and I'l email them.
Wes K
wsknettl@centurytel.net

54 M37, 66 M101, 45MB, 51 M38, 60 CJ5, 46 T3-C
MVPA 22099

Disclaimer: Any data posted is for general info only and may not be M37 specific or meet with the approval of some esteemed gurus.
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Post by m-37Bruce »

I've got a front harness that is not installed yet, if measuring it for you will help, I can do it?
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
Gerry
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Gerry »

Thanks Wes,
M-37 Bruce. That would be great.
Gerry

53 M37
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Post by m-37Bruce »

Hey Gerry,
What I have is a harness that Sid made, both front & rear, the rear is mostly installed, I unrolled the front harness & this is how it goes.
From the Cannon Plug to the first split, 25 inches, after that it is 55 inches either leg.
Are you still 24 volts, do you need a wire count, pm me if you want anymore info?

I also measured the rear harness from it's frame mount trailer cannon plug.
I sort of measured/mapped out the rear harness, it appears to be 209 inches in length. 12 inches from the end one single wire tagged # 28is 68 inches in length. Also sixty inches from the end there are two single wires, tag # 75 B & C
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA