OLD PICS: M37s found in the woods, in 1992

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Carter
1SG
1SG

OLD PICS: M37s found in the woods, in 1992

Post by Carter »

I took these pics years ago when I was given these parts trucks as a reward for helping the fire co. keep their M37 brush trk. on the road. I don't have any of them now, I used the parts I needed for my trks. resto. and now all have gone on to other trk. owners who needed them to complete their trks.

Webshots: http://news.webshots.com/album/561182676MgZCnc
Carter
Life Member:
Delta, Peach Bottom Fish & Game Assn.
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

Nice pics! Wouldn't it be great to run across something like that today? :)
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
Nickathome
1SG
1SG

Woods pictures....

Post by Nickathome »

Ever since I got involved in this hobby, I've always dreampt of inadvertently(or vertently :o ) finding an old warhorse languishing in some out of the way place, waiting to be rescued. So far the few I'm come across were always in someone's driveway or garage. I've yet to actually find a forgotten vehicle that I could actually rescue. Someday though...
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

Lifer wrote:Nice pics! Wouldn't it be great to run across something like that today? :)
I am still chasing down new leads in order to find another batch of them Lifer, I have heard stories of a couple abandoned M37s here locally at a former navy base that's now a job corps center. I have an appointment to meet with the school admin. next week and ck. out what may be available, admin. stated they know nothing about them. I was told the trks. are mostly complete but rest in a revine on the former base and recovery will be difficult, I'll find out next week.
Carter
Life Member:
Carter
1SG
1SG

Re: Woods pictures....

Post by Carter »

Nickathome wrote:Ever since I got involved in this hobby, I've always dreampt of inadvertently(or vertently :o ) finding an old warhorse languishing in some out of the way place, waiting to be rescued. So far the few I'm come across were always in someone's driveway or garage. I've yet to actually find a forgotten vehicle that I could actually rescue. Someday though...
Nick, those are not the only ones I have found, years ago I located two others that were mostly stripped and badly rusted out. They had been parts trks. for another fire co. and I was given title to both if I would only move them from the fire chiefs farm pasture. Not much was left but I did get a lot of running gear components and some small stuff before they were scrapped. Back then if I had known about a registry I would have saved their info but that was in 1984, long before Robi's site. :(
Vertently? :D
Carter
Life Member:
Nickathome
1SG
1SG

"Vertently"

Post by Nickathome »

I didn't think anyone would catch that! 8)
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

I caught it right off the bat! Thought it was pretty clever, actually. :)
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"