holes in battery box, floor and pass seat frame?

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Joe
CPL
CPL

holes in battery box, floor and pass seat frame?

Post by Joe »

I was looking at my M37 today and noticed that there are two large (~1") holes near the top of the passenger side seat frame and two more large holes in the floor directly below that and just in front of the seat frame. Also one small hole (~1/8") near the bottom of the seat frame. Anyone know what are these are for? They're not for the battery cables. Mine go though a oval shaped hole located in the floor inside the seat frame but outside of the battery box.

ALSO the battery box has a large oval shaped near the top where the two power cable go out of the battery box and then down though the floor. However I noticed that on each side of the oval hole there is another small threaded hole. It looks like some kind of cover bolted on there and may have covered the oval shaped hole. Does anybody know for sure what's supposed to be there?
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

There are rubber grommets the cables are routed through, sheet metal retainers for the grommet is attached in the small holes.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
Joe
CPL
CPL

Post by Joe »

MSeriesRebuild wrote:There are rubber grommets the cables are routed through, sheet metal retainers for the grommet is attached in the small holes.
Ahhh! I wondered about what kind of grommet should be used there. I just used the flexible grommet/edge guard that you can cut to length. Can you post a picture of what the proper grommet and retainers look like? or do you know where I can find the parts?

Is there any kind of grommet that's supposed to be used where the cables go though the floor? I noticed that the edge is rolled over so it's not a sharp edge like the battery box is.
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

Joe wrote:
MSeriesRebuild wrote:There are rubber grommets the cables are routed through, sheet metal retainers for the grommet is attached in the small holes.
Ahhh! I wondered about what kind of grommet should be used there. I just used the flexible grommet/edge guard that you can cut to length. Can you post a picture of what the proper grommet and retainers look like? or do you know where I can find the parts?

Is there any kind of grommet that's supposed to be used where the cables go though the floor? I noticed that the edge is rolled over so it's not a sharp edge like the battery box is.
The grommets and retainers are the same at both places. Mid West military, (John Bizal) has reproduction items of all you need to make it right. www.midwestmil.com
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com