engine on Ebay

Buy and sell M37 and related stuff

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Forum rules
Your Location must be included in your advertisement or it may removed without notice.
jjefferson
CPL
CPL

engine on Ebay

Post by jjefferson »

Pretty on the outside - if only I lived closer.
The gas bill from Maine to California (and back) would be a bit hefty.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-M3 ... 2304a0fd9f

Jim
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

I see I miss read the asking price after DJ called it to my attention, but my basic opinion is still the same, although the real asking price of $400 is much more realistic for what he has instead of $4,000 that I first thought. I'll just leave my original reply as is below so you know where I was coming from. I need to start keeping my glasses handy.

I would run from this one!! Asking price of $4,000 with no real history known and compression readings are low, likely an indication that an overhaul is needed. The fact that it was "government" rebuilt, always should be a red flag as not being top notch. This seller is looking for a SUCKER. We can offer a top notch complete, nothing left unturned, and balanced, rebuild, fan through bellhousing for around $5,000 with all rebuilt accessories including electronic ignition. We run ours in on the test stand, making all final adjustments, (timing, governor setting, etc.) prior to shipment. It is returned to the customer ready to install, start up and go, with warranty.

This is nothing more than a core engine with a few new items added to enhance appearance. No proof that it's a good rebuildable core. Pay 4 grand for this, add on another 5 grand for a top quality rebuild, that's $9,000, then shipping cost in addition. We can buy a brand new, well equipped, Cummins diesel with world wide Cummins warranty for in the $10,500 range. This seller is extremely off key with his asking price.
Last edited by MSeriesRebuild on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
DJ
SSGT
SSGT

Post by DJ »

When I look at it the price is 400.00.
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Run Fast

Post by m-37Bruce »

I gotta agree, NOS do-dads on a core for sure, rebuilt in 71, that's a long time!
Charles I think that is how he got it?
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

DJ wrote:When I look at it the price is 400.00.
Thanks for double checking me on that one, I thought this guy must be a nut for sure.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
greencom
SGT
SGT

Post by greencom »

I'd go $400 for that in a heartbeat, just too far away, the big heavy stuff is ALWAYS too far away.
powerwagontim
SFC
SFC

Post by powerwagontim »

I am picking up a truck in Orange Ca in a couple of weeks, and could haul the engine back east if someone wanted. My route will be across I40, and then up the eastern seaboard to Vermont. The route is flexible.
Tim
Chunk
CPL
CPL

Post by Chunk »

MSeriesRebuild wrote:
Thanks for double checking me on that one, I thought this guy must be a nut for sure.

No...this is a nut...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MILITARY ... ccessories
cuz
1SG
1SG

Post by cuz »

Anyone know Oldog5262 in Mid-Michigan?
Wes K
wsknettl@centurytel.net

54 M37, 66 M101, 45MB, 51 M38, 60 CJ5, 46 T3-C
MVPA 22099

Disclaimer: Any data posted is for general info only and may not be M37 specific or meet with the approval of some esteemed gurus.
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

Chunk wrote:
MSeriesRebuild wrote:

No...this is a nut... Disregard this post, I don't know what went wrong, something in posting.

Last edited by MSeriesRebuild on Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

MSeriesRebuild wrote:
Chunk wrote:
MSeriesRebuild wrote: Thanks for double checking me on that one, I thought this guy must be a nut for sure.

No...this is a nut...

Well, not so much. I have some just like it I could take around $300 for. Personally I would rasther have a 100% rebuilt distributor with 24-volt electronic ignition installed, we can do that for around $400 with warranty. What I've found with the new ones, the bushings are reamed too large causing flop in the shaft from the get go. I sold several of these early on without checking, every customer had problems. When they came back and I checked internally, I found loose bushings and bad coils. I went through all the others to check them, bushings and coils had to be replaced in all. This is why I need $300 out of them, ours are now better than new.
Last edited by MSeriesRebuild on Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
Chunk
CPL
CPL

Post by Chunk »

makes sense.
jjefferson
CPL
CPL

Post by jjefferson »

Looks like the 400 dollar engine ended up with no bids. I thought I saw one bidder - must have backed out.

Jim
knattrass
SFC
SFC

Post by knattrass »

You still looking for the OLDDODGE guy? I think he hangs out on the power wagon site...look for him over there or let me know, I think it is Kevin who lives in the thumb area. Keith