Where is Nickathome?

Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Carter
1SG
1SG

Where is Nickathome?

Post by Carter »

I have had no contact with Nick in many weeks and wonder if anyone has any info on him and if he is OK.
Carter
Life Member:
Delta, Peach Bottom Fish & Game Assn.
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Post by m-37Bruce »

Good Question Carter? :?:
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Good question-hope he's ok.
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

MIA

Post by m-37Bruce »

He was talking about getting back in the cockpit, hope all is well?
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

He could be out flitting arlund like a bird when he's not working. Try reaching him as "Nickatwork." If he hasn't been fired, you'll probably reach him. ;)
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

He sent an answer to my email and all is well, he is just busy with other things. Lifer you were spot on with the bird comment since he has gotten back into flying and been occupied with that.
Carter
Life Member:
Delta, Peach Bottom Fish & Game Assn.
Nickathome
1SG
1SG

I'm here.

Post by Nickathome »

I'm here fellas/ Yep, been flying recently and haven't been thinking much about the truck. I took it out during the last snowstorm and have since added a homemade defroster. I've been deciding whether I want to build my own aircraft, which is something I've wanted to do since childhood. If I do this, I will have to sell the truck. I'm not sure I want to do that just yet though, as I've put alot of myself into that old beast. I'm going to take my time with this. Its not going to be a fly by night decision that I might regret, like the last time I sold an M37. For the near future though the truck isn't going anywhere.
Av8r
PVT
PVT

Post by Av8r »

What are you thinking about building?
John Davidson

'43 GPW
'52 M-37
'43 Stinson L-5
'59 Cessna L-19E/O-1
Nickathome
1SG
1SG

Plane...

Post by Nickathome »

Av8r wrote:What are you thinking about building?
I've got my eyes on an all metal plans built aircraft called the Thatcher CX-4.....Its a single seater, which uses a VW engine, and has a cruise speed of around 125mph.....

Go to www.thatchercx4.com to see pics.
M-Thrax
SGT
SGT

Post by M-Thrax »

blank
Last edited by M-Thrax on Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Av8r
PVT
PVT

Post by Av8r »

Nickathome,

You're not going to believe this but the Thatcher CX-4 prototype/factory demo is currently sitting at my brother's private airport......and I just flew it the other day! It's the red, white with black stripe one that you see in the brochures and website. Don't know if you know this but the kits are manufactured here in the Louisville, KY area about 20 minutes from my house. The airplane is normally in Pensacola but has been here in Louisville for the last few weeks but I'm not sure how much longer it will be here. They were interested in our input on the plane so my brother flew it quite a bit and I spent about 20 minutes flying it. Would have been longer but it was getting dark. We also shot some air-to-air photos and video of it from my L-19 Birddog It's a good little airplane and I like it but like every airplane out there it has a few little quirks and compromises but nothing bad. If you would like my input on the plane and how it flies contact me outside of this forum. (I don't want to hijack this thread or forum) I have no connection to the CX-4 so I will give you my unbiased impressions if you're interested. I've been invited to visit the shop where they build the kits but I have not had a chance to do so yet.

You can e-mail me at: L5av8r (at) bellsouth.net

Contact me at your own peril though........like most pilots I can talk airplanes all day!
John Davidson

'43 GPW
'52 M-37
'43 Stinson L-5
'59 Cessna L-19E/O-1