Front Springs

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Rick C
SSGT
SSGT

Front Springs

Post by Rick C »

Does anyone know of a dealer carrying NOS front springs for an M37? Time to bite the bullet and get some that aren't flat.
Thanks
Rick
M376X6
PVT
PVT

STOP!!! There may be an alternative.

Post by M376X6 »

:shock: :D I'm not at all familiar with your neck of the woods but you may have an area that would have a spring shop. For me it's Denver Spring. The springs on the M37 6X6 were starting to flatten out quite a bit and there is the effort to take them apart and beat on the backside with a big hammer. Strange, but it does work to a degree but is cheap and time consuming and physically exhausting. It wasn't much money and the spring shop dis-assembled them, re-arched them and installed new bushings, for far less than new springs at the time. They can even make a new leaf if you have one broken. Now, several years later, the bushings are showing some wear and I need to replace them. Mr. Linn had some but I believe he is now out. If anybody has some or knows where to get some spring bushings please let me know. Thanks

Regards,
Bryan Sage
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

I got a pair from VPW a couple of years ago-solid product.
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

That's springs AND bushings, by the way....
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

We buy from McMaster-Carr & Bearing Distributors & Drives in Charlotte, NC. Both are excellent sources for spring bushings. I wish all parts were as easy to come by.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
M376X6
PVT
PVT

Post by M376X6 »

MSeriesRebuild wrote:We buy from McMaster-Carr & Bearing Distributors & Drives in Charlotte, NC. Both are excellent sources for spring bushings. I wish all parts were as easy to come by.
I've bought from them before, I completely forgot about them. Thanks for the info.

Regards,
Bryan Sage