Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Gerry
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Gerry »

Has anyone had any luck solving the log in problem? (not staying logged in and it takes 2 trys to get back on)
Thanks,
Gerry

53 M37
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

I haven't had any problem like this that I can recall. You might check with Robi or MM to see what's the most efficient browser settings, etc.
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Re: Log in troubles

Post by Lifer »

Gerry wrote:Has anyone had any luck solving the log in problem? (not staying logged in and it takes 2 trys to get back on)
Thanks,
It sounds like you have a connectivity problem. You didn't say whit kind of connection you have, but what you describe is very common with dial-up access. You get "bumped" off line and have to redial to get back on. It can happen with DSL, too.

It's also possible that your computer may be at fault. "Full" hard drive? CPU overheating? Not enough RAM? These things can also cause you to "log off" accidentally.

For one of these reasons, your computer does not seem to be communicating with the server.
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
Monkey Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monkey Man »

G'day Gerry.....
You can use the "log in to check new messages" option at the top center of the screen and this should work, it is the way I have to do it as I have the same problem (not sure as to why).

Regards - MM :-)
Trained Monkey on Guard
dodgem37@netspace.net.au
nivek
CPL
CPL

Try this gents:

Post by nivek »

http://download.cnet.com/ccleaner/

C(Crap)Cleaner.

Free toolkit, takes care of Windows problems, easy to use, conservative in removal of assorted things that slow your system down.

When you install it, be careful, READ the assorted boxes that are checked already. It will put Yahoo toolbar on your browser(s) if not told NO.

I use the "Put icon on desktop" and use from a folder that icon is put in.

It will clean cookies and the temp files that more than likely are your problems.

kevinL
'52 M-37 "Old Blue" still in 11enty-bazillion parts
'52 M-37 "Rusty Red" parted
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

Thanks, Kevin! That's another good possibility! :)
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
Gerry
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Gerry »

Thanks for the info. Happens on 2 different computers both new and different locations. Dont have this problem on any other sites that let you stay logged on. MM I will try that
Gerry

53 M37
poor rich
CPL
CPL

Post by poor rich »

I sometimes have a slow log on with my new Mac Book, so it isnt windows for me, I have a cable modem, so its not dial up....
Rich
My wife loves to cook, bakes fresh cookies for my lunch every week, and now she wants a 15" Mortar.... life is good!
Gerry
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Gerry »

I finally solved the problem. I always use a saved favorite to get to the page. I updated to a new favorite and the problem went away.
Gerry

53 M37
russcal
PFC
PFC

Post by russcal »

Heya, y'all!

I'll stay logged in, but only for two days at a time. I can visit the site once or a dozen times, but every other day I'll have to "log in to check your messages". This is the only site I have that "issue" with. Not really a problem, just a peeve.

Russ
Proud son of Rose and Wes
Russ
Gerry
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Gerry »

Does your computer have a program that automatically dumps cookies and such?
Just a thought.
Gerry

53 M37
russcal
PFC
PFC

Post by russcal »

Heya, y'all!

No, no cookie dumping for me! I visit several sites over the course of the day, never have problems with any of the others not knowing who I am.

Said I was able to go two days, well today visited this site three times, had to log in each time. D'Oh!

Russ
Russ