I'm confused, wipers / windshield

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Wayne64
SSGT
SSGT

I'm confused, wipers / windshield

Post by Wayne64 »

thats about normal for me. Lets see if I can explain this right so I can get an answer. I have gone through lots of photos and I have seen the following
1. No wipers
2. wiper on drivers side only
3 Both wipers centered on the windshield panels
4. One wiper centered and the other off center, see 5
5. When there is a combo of centered and off center they are on various sides????

From a quick look at the parts book the vacuum wiper motor is the same for both right and left side. My M37B1 has a centered drivers side and an off set passenger side towards the right side. My TM-9-8030 shows a few pics that look like they are both centered. What am I missing here please.
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Definatley Centered

Post by m-37Bruce »

[URL=http://rides.webshots.com/photo/29 ... .jpg[/img]
[/url]

I'm thinking that any offset is not a stock setup.
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
Wayne64
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Wayne64 »

Bruce, a while back I remember reading that the panels also fit another vehicle. Could it be that the other M series had off set wipers. Just trying to figure out the why of it since I saw a bunch of M37s with the off-set also.
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

There should be two and they should both be centered, as shown in Bruce's pic (above). The frames are interchangeable. (Deuces also use the same windshield frames if you can't find a spare M37 frame.)
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
k8icu
1SG
1SG

Post by k8icu »

Are you talking the position of the wiper motors or the wiper blades....because you can have the blades with one to the left and one to the right or one in the center and one to the side etc. because the wiper motors on a stock M37 are indepent of each other. They will both swipe at their own speed (or lack there of) and pace. And because they are vacume the can be "parked" in almost any position.

Now if your talking about the wiper motors then they are dead center on each windshield frame.
M37s are HMMWV in my world!
Nickathome
1SG
1SG

Wipers

Post by Nickathome »

When I replaced the vacuum wipers with the electric ones, I installed the blades so when the motors are off they go back to a lefthand position, opposite the way M37Bruce has them. I just liked the way they looked in the stopped position this way.

I don't think it really matters how they sit whe nstopped etc. Its up to the individual. But, as others have said, the motor posts exit the windshield from the dead center hole, with the mounting bolts theough either side hole.