Back in one piece...

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Cal_Gary

Back in one piece...

Post by Cal_Gary »

I shared my flywheel issue on the forum early last month. Teeth worn on the flywheel, replacement didn't want to work with my 12v starter, etc. Anyway, I also caught a cold and was ill for two weeks, so the M sat with its loins torn out for over a month-always an uneasy feeling for us apartment dwellers. One of the neighborhood cats appreciated it-sleeping on my driver's seat! Anyway, I finally recovered and with mid-60's weather, was able to install the troubled flywheel, clutch and transmission on Saturday before the latest storms arrived. I could just feel the Management getting the "move the Hummer now!" notice ready (that's what the elderly Manager calls it), so I beat them to the punch. Took about 4 hours going solo, and I used a pair of ratchet-straps to support the front and rear of the tranny. The clutch-aligning tool is always a lifesaver as well.

Anyway, back together and fired right up so I moved it over to a space in front of my building. I know, I still have an unresolved flywheel issue but I'll have to revisit that at some other time.
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
HingsingM37
1SG
1SG

Post by HingsingM37 »

You go boy! I could not rest either if my rig was not under cover. Glad you are feeling better.

Ratchet straps to support the tranny?? :o Your a braver man than me LOL :)
David
HingsingM37
1958 M37B1
1968 M101A1 Trailer
MVPA# 33078

"Do Not Take Counsel of Your Fears"
General George S. Patton Jr.

"Those who pound their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not".
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Thanks David! I used to just manhandle them in place as a younger man....
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500