new exhaust

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

ffr1910
PVT
PVT

new exhaust

Post by ffr1910 »

I have had my truck on the road now for 5 years and need to address the exhaust system. Its still has the short tube coming out of the exhaust manifold then has a portion of the tailpipe. This is where things go awry, after the original tailpipe section it has a tailpipe and muffler welded on it from a Honda Accord. Runs quiet but you can see the muffler hanging down from under the truck, it also has a dent in the tube. Based on it being an Accord exhaust and having a dent in it, I don't know if it flows enough air to give me the full power from the engine. I have priced the complete system from od iron, anyone know any other sources? Thanks,

Bill
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

We can furnish a complete system, it will be a new reproduction of the original. Can quote cost when I get to the shop tomorrow.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
ffr1910
PVT
PVT

Post by ffr1910 »

charles,

I would appreciate that. It would include the short(12 inch ish) tailpipe piece at the end, correct? And all gaskets? Thanks,

Bill
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

ffr1910 wrote:charles,

I would appreciate that. It would include the short(12 inch ish) tailpipe piece at the end, correct? And all gaskets? Thanks,

Bill
Will be in touch tomorrow.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
Nickathome
1SG
1SG

Re: new exhaust

Post by Nickathome »

ffr1910 wrote:I have had my truck on the road now for 5 years and need to address the exhaust system. Its still has the short tube coming out of the exhaust manifold then has a portion of the tailpipe. This is where things go awry, after the original tailpipe section it has a tailpipe and muffler welded on it from a Honda Accord. Runs quiet but you can see the muffler hanging down from under the truck, it also has a dent in the tube. Based on it being an Accord exhaust and having a dent in it, I don't know if it flows enough air to give me the full power from the engine. I have priced the complete system from od iron, anyone know any other sources? Thanks,

Bill
I bought most of my exhaust system from Sid beck in texas, with the exception of the one piece downtube. That I bought from Mid west Military. Sid and John at Mid West Mil will have all the items you need.
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Pipe Hangers

Post by m-37Bruce »

ffr1910 wrote:charles,

Bill
Hey Bill,
Don't forget the front & rear exhaust hangers, one of them is just a 1/4 inch larger in diameter. Evidently I didn't bother to take a shot from behind, of the rear hanger? This one, the front onemounts to the running board support bracket.
Hope This Helped,

[URL=http://news.webshots.com/photo/107 ... .jpg[/img][/url]
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
russcal
PFC
PFC

Post by russcal »

Hiya, FFR1910!

I've just had to do this on my XM152... the muffler, pipes, gaskets, and forward hanger should be fairly easy to come by. The forward hanger is available, the rear hanger is long since disappeared into the annals of history. I was told to just use a second forward hanger turned around.

I compared my old removed and broken (rear) hanger to the new replacement (forward) hanger and they are the exact same size, the only difference I see is the forward and rear are mirror images of each other.

Good luck!

Russ
FAA Airman
Proud son of Rose and Wes
Russ
Proud son of Rose and Wes
Wayne64
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Wayne64 »

MSeriesRebuild wrote:We can furnish a complete system, it will be a new reproduction of the original. Can quote cost when I get to the shop tomorrow.
Charles, I could use that info on the exhaust also.
shawn085
PVT
PVT

Post by shawn085 »

I could also Charles.
1952 cdnM37