distributor help

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Tony
PVT
PVT

distributor help

Post by Tony »

I tried to start my m-37 the other day after it sat for 9 months,it backed fired out the exhaust a few times,almost got it running,but it just would not run.We tried again a few days later but no luck [also no backfire] Checked for spark[pulled plug and grounded to head but no spark] Do i have to pull distributor to check coil,or can i pull just the cap off to do points and condersor,how would i check the coil?,thanks,Tony
mattveeder
CPL
CPL

Post by mattveeder »

You will have to pull the cap and go at the points that way. Please dont hold me to it but .018" gap will work. If you dont ever want to have to fool with your points again there is an electronic ignition available. I have it on mine and it is great.
pfrederi
CPL
CPL

Troubleshooting

Post by pfrederi »

Para 93 TM9-8030 give you all the procedures to check your coil. They have you remove the distributor...it makes life easier...
Paul f
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

Sitting for 9 months is most likely corrosion on the points that is the issue, rub them lightly with fine sandpaper. Be sure to clean off residue, then set the gap to .020". I doubt you have a coil problem.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com