Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

N1VSM
SSGT
SSGT

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Post by N1VSM »

Been snowing continuously for going on 42 hours now - forecast to become white-out conditions (again) from 10A - 5P today, up to 1" per hour. This is our first real snow here in western MA. Last storm (freezing rain) devastated the area (but somehow spared us!) with massive and widespread tree damage and power outages across the area. Healthy old-growth hardwoods snapped in half like toothpicks. Some folks without power since last Thursday. Looking forward to going out to play in the M. Don't expect pictures, I'll be too busy having fun!

My tune will change when WE loose power, too. Can get a tad chilly.
You can trust your mother, but you can't trust your ground.
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

" My tune will change when WE loose power, too. Can get a tad chilly. "

Solve that problem with three words, Mobile Electric Power, (MEP) or in my case PE95. A 10KW Jeep L134 engine driven genset, and the best part its OD. :D

Last edited by Carter on Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carter
Life Member:
Delta, Peach Bottom Fish & Game Assn.
Nickathome
1SG
1SG

Snow...

Post by Nickathome »

You're very lucky. So far we got a few quite small snow accumulations, but nothing worth taking the truck out in. The last two storms (Friday and Today), produced nothing but sleet and freezing rain. No chance to get the truck out before the salt trucks arrived. I am waiting for a large storm, the kind that keeps even the snowplows at bay for the first few hours, so I can take my truck out without fear of getting it caked with layers of salt. Around these parts they salt the living crap out of the roads during the light storms. We need a good blizzard to play in.