Generic Revell Model Set Warps History

Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

HingsingM37
1SG
1SG

Generic Revell Model Set Warps History

Post by HingsingM37 »

So I was in a K-Mart last night in the toy section looking to see if they had any "Ultimate Soldier" tanks, trucks, or planes. I spot this Revell Snap-Tite kit called "Military", not US ARMY Military, or United States Military, just "military". Come to think of it I do not recall seeing any US Flag on the box. I am not sure if the models even bore any US Army Stars?
Contained in the kit was : A Sherman Tank, An M3 Halftrack(were good so far) AND THEN A UH1B IRIQUOIS! What the hell I thought? Everybody knows those Hueys supported landings at Anzio and Normandy. NOT! No doubt this is an attempt to dumb our children down, as they probably group WWII through Vietnam into two sentences in their history books. I wonder what marketing leftist thought of this? :x
David
HingsingM37
1958 M37B1
1968 M101A1 Trailer
MVPA# 33078

"Do Not Take Counsel of Your Fears"
General George S. Patton Jr.

"Those who pound their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not".
rixm37
MSGT
MSGT

Post by rixm37 »

I know what you mean. It is a crummy kit and has old kits that won't sell to todays military model builders. There are thankfully many great and historic kits available in 1/72 and 1/35 scale. Here is a link to a couple of good online stores Bad Cats toys for diecast and Great Models Webstore both very good to buy from. Badcat has lots of diecast armor. Great Models has lots of everything model and diecast.

http://www.greatmodels.com/

http://www.badcataviation.com/

OH boy Hueys over Omaha beach........ Stupid!
1952 M37
M101 trailer
1942 Chevy G506
Nickathome
1SG
1SG

warped...

Post by Nickathome »

Ask any kid born after 1984 who fought in WWII, Korea, and Vietnam, and most will give you a blank stare. History, especially war history is barely even talked about in schools. I remember back when I was in school, the subject of the world wars would fill maybe three pages in the history books, yet 3 chapters were devoted to the renaissance and other such boredoms.......

Our local Wal-Mart doesn't even sell any WWII related toys anymore. Shame as I wanted an FW190 model so I could dogfight against my son's P-51B and P47 Thunderbolt models that they got for Xmas last year and the year before.
nivek
CPL
CPL

Nick, what scale?

Post by nivek »

I have an FW-190 and several ME-109's on the shelves, in 1/48th IIRC.

Bought out a store's worth of models when the place went belly up several years back.

kL
'52 M-37 "Old Blue" still in 11enty-bazillion parts
'52 M-37 "Rusty Red" parted
Nickathome
1SG
1SG

WWII

Post by Nickathome »

I do still have two Ultimate soldier 1/6 scale dolls still in the box. I had 5 or 6 at one time. Let my kids have a couple, but I kept the 82nd airborne, and Wermacht Russian front soldiers....Will hold onto them for a while.
rixm37
MSGT
MSGT

Post by rixm37 »

Nivek So many models so little time :lol:
1952 M37
M101 trailer
1942 Chevy G506