I have uploaded brake rotor dimension charts to website.

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Ray@uglytruckling
PVT
PVT

I have uploaded brake rotor dimension charts to website.

Post by Ray@uglytruckling »

I have uploaded the Aimco disc brake rotor size charts that I use to find the proper size rotor for a disc brake conversion to www.uglytruckling.com These charts list all of the dimensional data for 580 different disc brake rotors starting with 8" diameter and going to 15". If you are trying to design a disc brake conversion for a truck this chart will let you find the correct rotor to use without walking around a junk yard with a tape measure. It is located under Techtopics.

I am also in the process of making drawings of the M37 V8 conversion that I am no longer making and uploading it to my website along with the CNC programs for cutting out the pieces. This may be of help to people who are trying to make their own conversions.

If anyone has come up with solutions for WC1/2 ton, M37 and sweptline PS email me pics and info and I will post them on my site for others to use as a reference when designing their conversions.

I have most of the disc brake sets in-stock in the Oregon and a couple of machinists trained to convert hubs so if anyone needs disc brakes they are ready to ship. I will be shipping firewall mounted pedals and power steering conversions for the civilian PW to the USA first part of next year. If anyone needs to contact me my email is rsuiter@helitool.com
DAP
SSGT
SSGT

Rats

Post by DAP »

So you aren't making the V8 conversion kits any more? Rats I was thinking of repowering my M37. With deisel prices it is no longer worth going with a deisel
Ray@uglytruckling
PVT
PVT

One of the problems is that with the increase in the price of steel most of the older doner trucks have been scrapped so the bell housings etc. are hard to find, also I used up all of the cores in the USA for the clutch disc. I had intended on redesigning it to use more modern parts but probably will not have time or opportunity now.
DAP
SSGT
SSGT

RATS

Post by DAP »

Rats I was hoping for something like that for the Marine M37 I am building up. of course it might be 2-4 years before I am ready to look at engine options but maybe bby then you will have something. Sigh .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
poor rich
CPL
CPL

Post by poor rich »

ive been trying to research converting to the 318, Im first serprized no one on thit sight mentioned your conversion kits or sudjested I contact you as someone who had experiance.
Second now Im concerned that I wont be able to do the conversion.
Ray I have a broken engine, what do you sudjest.
Rich
My wife loves to cook, bakes fresh cookies for my lunch every week, and now she wants a 15" Mortar.... life is good!
Ray@uglytruckling
PVT
PVT

What to do!?

You might try going to the official M37 forum.....oh wait a minute..That's where we are now! I know that other people have done engine conversions for their M37s maybe they can email me some pics of their efforts and I can post them on uglytruckling.com along with any description and parts sources they know about. The same can be done for power steering conversion. That way there would be a common place for M37 people to go to find information on different ways to upgrade their trucks.
poor rich
CPL
CPL

318 converson

Post by poor rich »

Ray, I just got home with my doner truck, a 1990 dodge ram 150 with a 318 and standard 3 speed w/ overdrive.
will you consider building another adapt a kit for me?
or if you have any piecse of the kit still in stock can I buy them?
Rich
My wife loves to cook, bakes fresh cookies for my lunch every week, and now she wants a 15" Mortar.... life is good!
Ray@uglytruckling
PVT
PVT

About 4 years ago I Tossed out the fixtures for the front M37 V8 mounts. I had about 50 sets in-stock and was going to redesign the front mount so that it was the same as the new one we use for the PW. Unfortunatly I moved from Oregon to Thailand a couple of years ago and no longer have access to an M37 or a small block V8.

Also many of the people who installed the conversion were unable to align the clutch fork bearings in the bell housing and I ended up having to do it for them. I am currently trying to upload drawings and CNC programs so that truck owners will have the information to make the parts themselves.
poor rich
CPL
CPL

Post by poor rich »

I guess it looks like Im on my own, but thats ok, I know I'll still be able to come here for help.
I'll document, document, document, and maby I'll come up with good way to refit our trucks.
Rich