Found Insignia Hidden on Driver's Door

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

ashyers
MSGT
MSGT

Found Insignia Hidden on Driver's Door

Post by ashyers »

We had the truck on the alignment rack today for a demo and due to the angle of the lighting and recent waxing we found an insignia about 12" tall on the driver's door. You can just see it's outline under the 2nd coat of paint on the truck. It matches the insignia shown in the link below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/32nd_Infa ... _States%29

Does anyone have any thoughts on it?

I'm pretty sure the door's original and there's only 2 coats of paint on the truck. The "arrow" is hidden by the 2nd coat. We were able to find the hood #'s too and the outline of one of the stars on the tailgate. Kind of like "carcheology" :). It would be great to know where this thing's been!
52PLOWERWAGON
SFC
SFC

Re: Found Insignia Hidden on Driver's Door

Post by 52PLOWERWAGON »

sweet 8)
id paint it back on there :)
Thanks,TRAVIS
When it comes to gambling I don't play the Powerball, I play the Powerwagon

1952 M37 FARM TRUCK
230 W/THRUSH EXHAUST, DELETED HEAT RISER AND 12 VOLT IGNITION

1941 WC RATROD
w/ 5 TON MULTIFUEL TURBO DIESEL
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

Andy.........that's very cool! I think we all wish our trucks had that hidden information on them. There was a guy over on Steel Soldiers who had access to Army records and you could send him your hood numbers and he'd give you a history of your truck........where it had been and when. I know he got bombarded with requests and had to take a break, but I never checked back to see if he's still doing it. If you got some time go hunting around over there..........I'll do the same when I can.

If it were mine I'd photo-document what you've found so you always have a record of it......throw a ruler or tape measure in the pic so you can calculate dimensions later. And I'd paint them back on. But if you choose not to you can give the next owner the pics and the opportunity to do the same. Would love to see some pics of what you found if it isn't too much of a pain in the arse.

Thanks,
bob
ashyers
MSGT
MSGT

Post by ashyers »

Bob,
The hood # is 2409227.

I'm not sure what we found would be visible in a photograph. It's pretty darn hard to get the lighting right to spot things. The hood # is a single digit at a time affair. I may be able to get the insignia. We'll see what we can do. One of my students is into photography so I'll have her try and figure it out!

As the paint wears thinner I'm sure we'll find more :).

Andy