Bucket O' Beans Show

Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

HingsingM37
1SG
1SG

Bucket O' Beans Show

Post by HingsingM37 »

My last official car show of the season was the Marshallville, Oh "Bucket O' Beans Show" . The weather was perfect for mid-October. Things got intetresting as what is usually a 150 car event in a small town square topped out at 558! :shock: The other issue was half of the ads published had the show starting at 2:30PM, the others 12:30PM. I had the 2:30PM flyer, I thought we would arrive early at 1PM. Wrong. The show hosts were overwelmed. They directed us and others into a crowded dead-end street. Now mind you I am in a 3/4 ton without power steering surrounded by gloss finished cars and chrome only inches away , now trapped in a dead end. By the time I figured I would just back out of the tight parking lot there were already 2 more cars behind me :x They were nice enough to back up enough to let me grab one of the last pieces of grass available. It looked to small for a passenger car let alone an M37. I carefully backed onto the lawn being careful not to hit the rare 1949 KB1 International to the starboard side...Wheww :roll:
Of course the mass turnout blew the judges (of which there was one) mind. He looked overwhelmed as the judging was supposed to be at 3, but all of the folks with the 2:30 show ad were still piling in.
Consequently they decided to judge only the top ten, and then raflled the remaining 30 or so plaques off via your door prize ticket. So you could have showed up on a rusty Schwinn and got an award. They did not call my ticket. Oh well, thats OK. I would have rather have gotten a prize based on merit as opposed to default... :mrgreen:
The fried baloney sandwiches and beans were great. They had cornbread and it made a great fall meal. There were alot of cool and rare cars. All in all a fun afternoon :) Now I have to find a place to park the rig next season as I want to put my top bows and cargo cover on, but my garage is too small.... :?: :wink:
Next step is my troop seats and stenciling...There is a provision in the Ohio motor vehicle code which allows vintage MV owners to stencil their historical plate number on the bumperette as long as you keep an actual plate with you in the truck. This was added by a congressman who just happened to own several MV's including an M60 tank. For once a politician in our favor . Of course the folks at the BMV thought I was on crack when I asked about it "You can't do that..." I showed up a week later with the Ohio code and pointed the section out..."oh we didn't know that..." It was nice to make the BMV eat crow...:P
101_0033.JPG
101_0033.JPG (86.32 KiB) Viewed 2056 times
101_0070.JPG
101_0070.JPG (122.39 KiB) Viewed 2056 times
David
HingsingM37
1958 M37B1
1968 M101A1 Trailer
MVPA# 33078

"Do Not Take Counsel of Your Fears"
General George S. Patton Jr.

"Those who pound their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not".
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Re: Bucket O' Beans Show

Post by m-37Bruce »

Amazing is all I can say! Eating crow is a lot more PC than what you could have said?
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
DJ
SSGT
SSGT

Post by DJ »

You wouldn't happen to have another pic of the KB1. I drove a 1949 KB2 to high school ,and several years afterward. It was a good truck if you could get it started in the morning. The morning ritual was to push it down the driveway, get it straight on the road,get it rolling ,jump in shift(grind) into 3rd gear and dump the clutch.Once it was going in the morning it would start the rest of the day.

Thanks, DJ
HingsingM37
1SG
1SG

Post by HingsingM37 »

DJ, Sorry I did not take a picture of the KB1. You might find some pics here:

http://oldihc.org/main/truck-pics

Your old truck sounds like it was a blast.

D
David
HingsingM37
1958 M37B1
1968 M101A1 Trailer
MVPA# 33078

"Do Not Take Counsel of Your Fears"
General George S. Patton Jr.

"Those who pound their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not".
rixm37
MSGT
MSGT

Post by rixm37 »

Looks like you had another great time. WOW the place is packed.
Thanks for sharing David.
1952 M37
M101 trailer
1942 Chevy G506