Chains are coming off...

Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Cal_Gary

Chains are coming off...

Post by Cal_Gary »

Looks like we had a mild winter here on the Wasatch front; with temps in the mid-60s next week I'm going to pull off the tire chains, spray and wash, then store them. Been itching to drive the M37 but didn't due to the chains and no snow. Got a number of gaskets, seals and such via eBay too. Interesting concept-spending our hard-earned bucks just to create more labor for ourselves, huh? My 2018 goal is to stop all the leaks; also to add the air horn.
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
just me
1SG
1SG

Re: Chains are coming off...

Post by just me »

Stop all the leaks!!!!!

Oh STOP! You're killing me here!
"It may be ugly, but at least it is slow!"
NAM VET
1SG
1SG

Post by NAM VET »

Having started my youthful driving career with a '59 Anglia, then a TR4, moving then to a '65 MGB, leak spots were there to remind me where to park them. As the years passed, oil leaks kept me from having to actually do an oil change.

Sunny and reasonably warm here in Upstate SC, out for a walk with my Wife every morning.

all the best.....

NV
Elwood
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Elwood »

Yeah, I confess that I laughed when I read that, too. :lol:

Gary, it's a good thing that you don't own an old shovelhead or ironhead Harley motorcycle. You'd go nuts trying to chase down all of the leaks. And if you go back far enough in time, Harleys were designed as a "total loss" oiling system, i.e. after the oil was used once in the engine, it just dribbled out onto the ground.
“When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, IT IS THEIR RIGHT, IT IS THEIR DUTY, TO THROW OFF SUCH GOVERNMENT...” -Declaration of Independence, 1776
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

I appreciate all your responses, guys but would Like to park in my driveway and garage w/o drip pans underneath, at some point in time! :)
Thanks!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500