Photobucket

Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

rickf
SSGT
SSGT

Photobucket

Post by rickf »

Photobucket has shut me down for posting my pictures on forums!!! Now they want me to pay them 400.00 a year they can kiss my A**!!!!!!!! What are you guys using for picture hosting or how are you getting pictures onto your forums?
1953 M37
1964 M151A1
1967 M416
1984 M1008
4/1952 M100
12/1952 M100 gone
just me
1SG
1SG

Re: Photobucket

Post by just me »

I gave up on PeeBucket ages ago. I've even lost all the pictures I had on there. Could never get past all the ads that the site became. (Google "Do no harm" is a lie)
I just direct post them to the forums.
"It may be ugly, but at least it is slow!"
jim lee
SSGT
SSGT

Post by jim lee »

Most people already have a spot to host pix. Does your internet service include a way for you to have your own homepage? If so, that's picture hosting real estate you are already paying for.

-jim lee
rickf
SSGT
SSGT

Post by rickf »

I'll have to look into that Jim but I am far from an internet master so even if they do figuring out how to work it all out is the problem. With Photobucket it was all done for you. If they had asked for a few bucks a month I would bet 80% of the people would not have complained and they would have gotten millions at the end of a year more than they were getting now, but no, they had to get aggressively greedy and now they will lose 90% of their business. It is a riot, on their Facebook page they are asking people not to complain on the main page but to keep their complaints on the message board. Yea, right, that just fueled the fire. :twisted: :lol: :lol: Lets see, you just screwed millions of people and you are "asking" them not to complain on your page? Ok then. Good luck with that.
1953 M37
1964 M151A1
1967 M416
1984 M1008
4/1952 M100
12/1952 M100 gone
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Post by m-37Bruce »

Rick, have you tried Instagram, my handle is; @m37bruce, I have another that I use it's @stanfordhillfarm, purty easy once you get the hang of it?
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
jim lee
SSGT
SSGT

Post by jim lee »

High tech. is just like working on your truck. It just about getting a little background knowledge and the right tools.

Internet hosting simplified:
Files that are "hosted" sit on drive that has two ways of being accessed. The first way is the "front door". This is what it looks like when you see it with your browser. Most people only know about the "front door". Then there is the.. Servant's entrance? The "Back door" where you can add files, create folders, delete things etc. You need an ftp client to access that. Once you set up the back door login and file path, you can manage your online stuff just like any folder on your computer.

IF you have web hosting space provided by your ISP they will tell you the settings for an ftp client. Set it up and manage your own hosting site.

-jim lee
Monkey Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monkey Man »

I just got notice of a "need" to pay Photobucket, ridiculous really as anyone who goes to the site as a result of a posted link is effectively advertising their services, this is simply a "Mo Money" move by them. Seeing as they have said they canned all my active links I'll just shitcan the account once they stop working (links are still working but for how long? we will see.....), if anyone wants pictures I have put up just ask, I'll send them to you :-)

MM
Trained Monkey on Guard
dodgem37@netspace.net.au