Historical posts review...

Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Cal_Gary

Historical posts review...

Post by Cal_Gary »

Hello All,
When I get bored I sometimes go down Memory Lane here and view my historical posts, and others. This time around I clicked on a number of our forum members as I went, to see how long it's been since they logged on-I was stunned to see that a number of members that went back to the Big Electric days (before I joined) and a number of members who used to post frequently have just disappeared, in some cases for several years. Others seemed to disappear soon after reporting that they'd purchased an M37 or other vehicle. The ratio of actual forum members being reported as passing on is miniscule, leaving me and perhaps some of you with an empty, "...wonder what happened to..." feeling.

Perhaps it's time to ensure your logon and password is shared or recoverable with someone you trust, in case they have to report the eventual news that you or me have moved on to the great motor pool in the sky. I know I'm not getting any younger but the closeness of the members of this forum keeps us united. I'd just hate to see any more of us just suddenly stop posting altogether leaving the forum wondering again, "...what happened to...?"

I'm not calling on everyone to openly provide your logon info to whomever, but think about it. Perhaps you've met some forum members who'd take that on-I know the forum guys I've met who are still here like Bob (Brigand), Bert, Andy, or Don would be willing to report my passing in my wife Veronica's behalf, to provide closure to all, and I'd graciously do the same for them.

Any thoughts?
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
ashyers
MSGT
MSGT

Re: Historical posts review...

Post by ashyers »

Gary,
Sounds like a reasonable idea to me. I told Hilde when they haul me off to the junkyard that she'll be the proud new custodian of the M37, the forum will get a new member! Heck, she'd probably be on here looking at power steering and power brakes :). On a serious note, the forum would be useful to help family pass on the trucks to someone who would appreciate them and keep 'em on the road.

Andy
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Hi Andy,
PM to you-we're headed to CA soon!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
52PLOWERWAGON
SFC
SFC

Post by 52PLOWERWAGON »

if I don't check this site for over a year while I still own an m37 consider me dead ok

p.s I don't ever plan to not have an m37 :mrgreen:

and does any one know how to contact josh , id really like to ask him some questions about his twin turbo dodge m37 build
Thanks,TRAVIS
When it comes to gambling I don't play the Powerball, I play the Powerwagon

1952 M37 FARM TRUCK
230 W/THRUSH EXHAUST, DELETED HEAT RISER AND 12 VOLT IGNITION

1941 WC RATROD
w/ 5 TON MULTIFUEL TURBO DIESEL
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Post by m-37Bruce »

I think Josh moved on, not sure what he did with his turbo'd M?
BTW, I'm still around.
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
DJ
SSGT
SSGT

Post by DJ »

Somewhat of the same was talked about on theM715 Zone. The conclusion there was a facebook is becoming a popular place for talking about the hobby. I don't (won't) do facebook so can't look on it to see.
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

I'm not a Facebook guy either.
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
just me
1SG
1SG

Post by just me »

The Farcebook M37 group is VERY active.
"It may be ugly, but at least it is slow!"
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Post by m-37Bruce »

I participate in the fb group as well as the steel soldiers gp, I have not crossed paths with Josh in a long time.
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA