Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

retiredguy
SGT
SGT

"Canned Hamm" pics

Post by retiredguy »

"Canned Hamm" pics

here are some shots for you to enjoy. Pictures are not current but I can post some from our July long weekend ride coming up. It's in the same area in the mountains.

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u247 ... dadeep.mp4
http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u247 ... pwater.mp4

This was deeeeeep. It was about 5 feet deep. I slid off the back keeping my hand on the throttle to keep machine level as not to suck in water. I did drive it out when my son pulled me to the edge of the hole.
Don't procrasinate! Do it now!
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Re: "Canned Hamm" pics

Post by m-37Bruce »

That looks like it was blast!
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
Monkey Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Show us your Steel...

Post by Monkey Man »

It's about time I put a thread to show us your favourite rides in your collection or others of interest, anything goes - car, truck, boat, plane, bike, amphibious, whatever turns your key....
Thanks to Retiredguy for his Canned-Ham posting that I have moved here :D

MM :D
Trained Monkey on Guard
dodgem37@netspace.net.au
Monkey Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Show us your Steel...

Post by Monkey Man »

Actually Retiredguy, given the water you go in keep a sticker with "titanic" on it just in case.... :lol:

C'mon folks, show us your classic cars, motorhomes, modern cars, anything that your proud of, in this thread it can be OD but dosen't have to be 8)

MM :D
Trained Monkey on Guard
dodgem37@netspace.net.au
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

Monkey Man wrote:C'mon folks, show us your classic cars, motorhomes, modern cars, anything that your proud of, in this thread it can be OD but dosen't have to be 8)MM :D
My Willys Jeep industrial engine powered, 1951 dated PE 95K generator set that produces up to 12.5 kw, 120/240 V @ 60hz is one of my other sucessful projects. It was completely apart when I got it as a kit. Machine shop did the block prep work and I assembled it only to discover that the stator coils were burned out and had to be rewound. Rebuilt the engine's small components like carb and dist and also added a one wire alt because the battery charging circuits were toast and no spares could be found. It now runs well and have used it many times when commercial power was out. I have about $1000 in it and it's well worth it when you think about what is being sold at the big box homeowner stores for that amount.

Image Image Image

Carter
Life Member:
Delta, Peach Bottom Fish & Game Assn.
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Post by m-37Bruce »

What does this baby sound like Carter, how many decibels are we talking about? I was very jealous when you picked this up, now I'm crazy with generator envy! :oops:
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

Well Bruce old friend, don't know about decibels but it's a LOT quieter than a homeowner style set that runs at 3450rpm while this thing purrs along at 1800. Stand next to a Jeep turning that speed and all you hear is the radiator cooling fan and a small bit of exhaust noise, well this is just the same mostly fan noise and a small amount of engine noise not at all like a newer diesel MEP set of the same output and much quieter than this MEP 25A 28.5 V. 52 amp set. Short version: it's very quiet. :D

Carter
Life Member:
retiredguy
SGT
SGT

Post by retiredguy »

here are some more pics of my rides. The Dart I still have and drive, The big Dodge I sold a few years ago and same with the jeep. The Dodge I called "brutus" was my bush bashing buggy. Had a 360 with a 4 speed trans and a 205 transfer case. D44 in front and a D60 in rear . Almost unstopable in the bush. Pto winch and 1/4" plate steel bumper and deck. Used to push 4" diameter trees over. Jeep not quite as tough but much more nimble. Dart has a 400 big block 727 transmission and 8 3/4 posi diff. would run 12.5 in 1/4 mile at 104 Mph.

Don't procrasinate! Do it now!
SOTVEN
SFC
SFC

Post by SOTVEN »

HELLO ALL! HERE ARE LINKS OF MY RIDES TO YOUTUBE.

MY 1962 M37 B1
http://youtu.be/2m85Xn-N5N4

MY 1986 YAMAHA XV750
http://youtu.be/Ns_LhGX9nko

MY 2000 HARLEY FATBOY
http://youtu.be/OFRZFlf_9G8

THAT IS ALL I HAVE, AND THAT IS ALL I NEED LOL :lol:
LIFE IS SHORT AND ENDS UNEXPECTEDLY. MAKE EVERY MOMENT WORTH REMEMBERING.
hbb
SSGT
SSGT

Post by hbb »

Stoven

I looks like the family love's you M37 as well as well as you do! nice Video I can't believe how green it is there.
I to have the Harley thing going on!

hb
The wiseman who listens to his students stays a wise MAN!
Josh
SFC
SFC

Post by Josh »

I just picked up a 2012 Suzuki LT400 Quadsport EFI quad. I like it, alot, its a nice quad. I had been riding a 1998 Yamaha Warrior since it was new, and the liquid cooled 4 valve EFI is such a huge step up in performance and cooling.

My work beater is a 1981 Mercedes Benz 300 SD turbodiesel. I bought it with 209K on it back in May, and now have 214K on it. It's 86 miles round trip to work and back, until we find a house. We put an offer in on one Friday, we'll see what he says, he has until Tuesday at 3 PM to reply per the offer. the benz is pretty gutless, but, it routinely turns 28-30 MPG, and I can burn about 30% used motor oil in it before it starts to really smoke and run cranky.

My other toy is a 2005 Audi TT Quattro 6 speed. Reflashed the ECU to 267 HP. Its a fun little rollerskate! :lol:
Tom @ Snake River
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Tom @ Snake River »

My neighbors Ford ended up on it's top in the local canal, thought about rolling it, but decided to pick it straight up.
www.snakeriver4x4.com
M-37's - WC-51 - M-29C - WC-25 cc - CCKW
M-274 - M-101 - G-527 Water Buffalo
G-7117 Chevy
52 M-42
SFC
SFC

Post by 52 M-42 »

Carter, where did you get that MEP 25A? :shock: Do you know where any others might be? :D

I've got a couple of old 24/28VDC generators here I'd like to get rid of and replace with one of those 25A's. I would like to have it to use with my radios and accessories in the truck.

Any help would be much appreciated. :D

Thanks,

52 M-42
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

Sorry I took so long to reply, just found the new post. :oops:

I was given the 25A by an A&P mechanic from a local airport, he didn't want to take the time to clean it up and get it running, gummed full of old fuel and had a burned out/fried control box. Bought a new box from Army Surplus Warehouse Image , soaked, cleaned the fuel syst. and got it running.
I think Coleman's Surplus has 25A sets for sale but I don't see them listed, try calling them, 888-4-surplus (888-478-7758) or Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Military-Genera ... 518ce1b139
Where are you located?
Carter
Life Member:
52 M-42
SFC
SFC

Post by 52 M-42 »

Thanks, Carter! I'll give them a call next week. :D

I'm located outside of Seattle in Washington.