Show us your Steel...

Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Tim Powell
MSGT
MSGT

Re: Show us your Steel...

Post by Tim Powell »

Some nice looking shots of some great looking equipment!! Kool.
Long time since I was in Alaska. Thanks for the pictures.
Tim & Lori Powell
1952 Dodge M-37
1968 M101A1 Cargo Trailer
2011 F350 Ford Flatbed
MC-A1 Air Compressor Unit
Military Tank APU

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil
is that good men do nothing."
RMS
MSGT
MSGT

Post by RMS »

another civilian truck going green ImageImage

I also cut down a 510 wagon Image ImageImage
.............................. use it ...............
Tim Powell
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Tim Powell »

The truck is looking good, keep us posted, and I love the "cut down" trailer! Kool.
What's the yellow truck in the background? Fargo?
Tim & Lori Powell
1952 Dodge M-37
2011 F350 Ford Flatbed
Military Tank APU

T. Highway

Post by T. Highway »

OK RMS,

Did you fab the front of the trailer or is it a repurposed roof off of something?

Bert
1952 M37 W/W Rebuild @ 59% complete
Engine rebuild @ 95% complete
1985 M1009, 1990 M101A2, 2008 M116A3 Pioneer tool trailer
MVPA # 24265
NRA Life Member
NRA Cert. Personal Protection Pistol Instructor
NRA Cert. RSO
Class III RSO/KCR
RMS
MSGT
MSGT

Post by RMS »

build thread :http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.ph ... 9&start=45here are a few pics of the cut and fold. the windshield opening was filled with the hood ImageImageImageImageImage

7ft deck of purple heart ship lap ImageImage
.............................. use it ...............
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Post by m-37Bruce »

I thought that looked like the hood, nice work, as usual!
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
NAM VET
1SG
1SG

Post by NAM VET »

New forum member here, my command m37 should be coming off the truck tomorrow, out of NE.

I grew up somehow really liking cars, surprisingly so, as my dad, even though a naval aviator, was never really a "car guy." So in 'about '62 or so when I got my learner's permit, i started driving his '59 Ford Anglia, rolling it onto its roof in my HS parking lot, right in front of the flag poll. Drove it home, and my dad grounded me for 3 months, and ever-after, that little boxy car proudly wore the roof dents, as proof of battle. Then off to Nebraska in '65, and bought my first car, a '63 TR4, driving it 44K miles i the eleven months I owned it, mostly driving back and forth every chance I got, Lincoln to DC and back, always on the back roads, as I could not afford the tolls east of Chicago. Rebuilt the motor once (an epic story in itself). Then into a '65 MGB, which my wife rolled a 360 at speed, ending up backwards down off I80 in Iowa, before dawn, only tearing the top. I was asleep, our then infant son asleep on the parcel shelf. We came within inches of all being killed.

Then, graduating from NU via ROTC, and about to be posted to Germany as newly minted 2nd LT, bought my first new car, a '69 Dodge Charger R/T, with the 440 motor, paid all of $3275 for it.. Took it to Germany, which was still rebuilding, and loved to run up and down on the Autobahn, on 18c a gallon army Quartermaster gas, blowing off everybody in my way. Of course, with the drum brakes it would not make one full stop from any speed over about 90 mph. Sold it for a VW Squareback, (for reasons I have never really understood), which of course, being my nature, I modified to no end, Gene Berg parts, Porsche rims, and much more, full flow oiling with help of army Chinook mechanics. Drove that trusty VW over a quarter million miles, and then sold it in about '79 for the first of two TR8's, the second one much tuned by Huffaker racing.

Lost the second in a garage fire, due to a leaking fuel line being lit off by the garage gas hot water heater pilot, costing me my car, all my garage stuff, and nearly my life.

It took awhile to get back into sports cars, but bought a '90 AWD Turbo Eclipse, which soon became much also much modified, and pretty fast, and I tracked it a few times at Heartland Park, Topeka.

But I had always wanted a Shelby Cobra, but even when you could pick them up for $4K or so, so finally, in '90, bought a Superformance replica, with a race built stroked 351 Windsor, pushed out to 396 ci, putting out just under 500 ponies. My son and I tracked it relentlessly, over a hundred drag strip runs, and in the decade I owned it, put over 140,000 miles on it, as it was my daily driver. It can be done. Eventually, about 5 years ago, sold that blindingly fast, formidable track car, (it too being very much modified), and got a 997S Porsche, then moved about two years ago to a much modified '07 Porsche GT3.

So, having owned and driven and tracked such thrilling cars, when I sold the Porsche a month ago, decided I could not replace them any other sports car, so lucked into a great M37 Or more properly an M42 out in NE, pretty much as delivered, without all the radio's. Just needs cosmetics.

So, here are a few of my cars:
[URL=http://s663.photobucket.com/user/h ... .jpg[/img][/url]

here is a video of my son running down a Porsche on the track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Mubz_h16lE

and here is my son driving, me navigating this summer at the Sandhills Open Road challenge way out in north west NE, 26 miles north then back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FQdWNYUKvc

all the best guys.....

NAM VET
NAM VET
1SG
1SG

Post by NAM VET »

a little better Cobra video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZZWouGC5sc
NAM VET
1SG
1SG

Post by NAM VET »

oh, me and my nightly chore of firing up our 1.5kw at my advisor camp, just me and one NCO, so we could show our movie on a sheet hung outside on the back of our shower. Brought all the local's out for the evening, sort of like a drive in. I had to use my Buck folding hunter knife to clean out the carbon fouled spark plugs every evening, the sharp blade worked perfectly. The local troops would slowly splice into my line, and over a week or so all the little "hootches" that lined the burn would have little electric lights in them, bogging down my generator. So I would take my line off, throw it to 220 volts, blow all their lights out, then hook my line up again. Then sure enough, one by one they would splice in again. A weekly event. The local's, who had never seen a flush toilet, or a tap with hot and cold water, much less a shower or kitchen, just marveled at our movies. My personal favorite movie was Vanishing Point, Barry Neuman, the Challenger. Made me sort of long for coming home after my year was up. It was like living in some sort of heavily armed prehistoric village. That is Pop, our Vietnamese handyman, who, once when I came back from a patrol, and eaten our cat.

NAM VET
isaac_alaska
SFC
SFC

Post by isaac_alaska »

Love reading your stories. Have you considered publishing a book?
Isaac
Fairbanks, AK
Civilian WM300 on DC3 tires
'52 M37 on 11x16 Michelin
'52 M37 on Apple R-1 tractor tires
Photo Gallery
M37N55
PVT
PVT

Post by M37N55 »

20161001_124351_1483342597699_resized.jpg
20161001_124351_1483342597699_resized.jpg (226.94 KiB) Viewed 3378 times

So this is our Ram 2500 6.4 HD 7000lb pc of steel... could be the whole reason were not getting the 51 Power Wagon complete in the time we said we would. My boys enjoy outdoor activities and this truck is so capable... but I know when the M37 is complete it will be more capable.

This picture was taken on a old rail bed, we had just finished going through a wash out and an area flood by beavers. We went chicken hunting and fishing but most of the day was 4X4ing. The best part was on the way home after making it out to the highway listening to my youngest and his friend talking about how much fun they had that day.
1951 M37 Canadian
2014 Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi
Tim Powell
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Tim Powell »

Hey Crew.
Been looking for a very special car from my youth. When I was 15 years old a friend of mine’s Parents gave me a 1948 Plymouth Special Deluxe. They also had a 1961 Chevrolet. Neither car ran and the deal was I would get the Chevy running for their son to drive and the Plymouth was mine. Got both cars running and I drove the Plymouth for 4 years. Wish I still had it.
Ok, that brings me to now, 49 years later. I found a car in Port Gibons Mississippi just like the one I used to own. Made my plans and off I went to buy another 1948 Plymouth. 750 mile trip one way only to find out the car was not as represented! What a nightmare. It was a log way home with a sick feeling in my belly and an empty wagon. Pictured below is the car I left in Mississippi.
junk (257 x 240).jpg
junk (257 x 240).jpg (21.51 KiB) Viewed 3204 times
When I got home Trucker-Tim was P/O’ed so say the least. There had been a different 1948 listed for sale but the add had been removed. When I began my second search the car was relisted. This one was in Edgewood Kentucky, just 15 miles below Cincinnati, a 430 mile trip one way. Called the guy and told him I’d like to come see his ride but explained what happened the last time I took someone it their word. He guaranteed me I would not be disappointed. My Lori guaranteed me this would be my last trip out of town for a car! Well, it will be! I fell in love, bought the car and brought it home on our trailer behind the dually.
IMGA2774 (384 x 288).jpg
IMGA2774 (384 x 288).jpg (31.73 KiB) Viewed 3204 times

There is some neat history that came with this car. It was sold brand new from a Plymouth dealer in Fort Dodge Iowa, so the car came home. In 1990 the third owner, who lived in Cincinnati leased the car to a production company from Hollywood to be used in the filming of the movie “A Rage In Harlem”. The car was painted up like a taxi. We watched the movie and the car is in numerous scenes. Too Cool.
When the production company was done filming the movie and the car was returned to the owner not all of the yellow paint came off the vehicle. The owner was mad as hell. We have the the documentation and letters to prove it. Anyway, knowing all this and being one to name everything I own and drive, the new car has been dubbed, “The Harlem Hussy”.
zzA Rage In Harlem (332 x 249).jpg
zzA Rage In Harlem (332 x 249).jpg (19.35 KiB) Viewed 3204 times

You can’t make this stuff Boyz & Girlz. I know this to be true, it’s sitting in my garage. :D
Tim & Lori Powell
1952 Dodge M-37
2011 F350 Ford Flatbed
Military Tank APU

rickf
SSGT
SSGT

Post by rickf »

Sweet car, And I am not a Dodge car fan. Did he manage t get the movie people to get the paint done or was he stuck with it?
1953 M37
1964 M151A1
1967 M416
1984 M1008
4/1952 M100
12/1952 M100 gone
Tim Powell
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Tim Powell »

The movie people did remove the yellow paint but somehow cracked the black.
There are some bad spots and the car will need repainted someday.
(Maybe a Military Staff Car replica?????????) :wink:
Tim & Lori Powell
1952 Dodge M-37
2011 F350 Ford Flatbed
Military Tank APU

outpostm37
CPL
CPL

Post by outpostm37 »

Up and running ready for the October 19th show at Mesa Market Place.
Attachments
M37 1914.3 (1).jpg
M37 1914.3 (1).jpg (166.16 KiB) Viewed 2566 times