More snow on the way 2015....

Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Cal_Gary

More snow on the way 2015....

Post by Cal_Gary »

Strong storm headed my way Tuesday evening-60 MPH winds along with 6-12 inches of snow here in the Wasatch Mountains. We can sure use it as we didn't get enough snow this winter.
More to follow (with pictures) if I get to go out and play....
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
T. Highway

Re: More snow on the way 2015....

Post by T. Highway »

Gary,

Sounds good as long as ALL OF THE SNOW stays out of our area. I'm so sick of snow this year. :roll:

Bert
1952 M37 W/W Rebuild @ 59% complete
Engine rebuild @ 95% complete
1985 M1009, 1990 M101A2, 2008 M116A3 Pioneer tool trailer
MVPA # 24265
NRA Life Member
NRA Cert. Personal Protection Pistol Instructor
NRA Cert. RSO
Class III RSO/KCR
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

So we got a foot or so but the wind is blowing so hard it's cleared most of the roads and stacked up 3-foot drifts here and there. I might be able to get out into it later today.
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
T. Highway

Post by T. Highway »

Don't forget the camera. :mrgreen:

Bert
1952 M37 W/W Rebuild @ 59% complete
Engine rebuild @ 95% complete
1985 M1009, 1990 M101A2, 2008 M116A3 Pioneer tool trailer
MVPA # 24265
NRA Life Member
NRA Cert. Personal Protection Pistol Instructor
NRA Cert. RSO
Class III RSO/KCR
Jess
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Jess »

You guys keep getting hammered. Out here, on the west coast, we are at may maybe 20% of seasonal average snowpack in the mountains. It looks like its going to be a bad year with little fall runoff and hard on the salmon runs. Last year the river up the street was reduced to puddles in late summer and it did impact fish. A few weeks later, we got it all as rain and washed out whatever fish spawn was left. We are on community wells and will be on water restrictions again just to maintain the domestic needs. I turned off my lawn sprinklers years ago and just let it brown out until it rains in the fall. There are areas that really need water, especially south of us, so you could send some of your extra snow to them. I'm going out to mow the lawn again later this morning...

Jess
F18hornetm
SGT
SGT

Post by F18hornetm »

Im sick of snow too.. 75 and sunny here today... sorry cal_gary...... I love summer
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Well the roads are clear so I decided to drive it to work tonight-big hit for my team, most of whom have never seen it before, and I took some for a lap around the campus. Since I work Graves it is dark when I left for work and it showed my "Marty Feldman" headlights-all cock-eyed so I'll need to adjust them before my next night trip....
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

Cal_Gary wrote:....Since I work Graves it as dark when I left for work and it showed my "Marty Feldman" headlights-all cock-eyed....Gary
:D
Carter
Life Member:
Delta, Peach Bottom Fish & Game Assn.
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Thanks for the Smiley, Carter-I got the buckets aligned tonight, both high and low beams. Tip for anyone needing to do this (dusk or full night is easier): park your truck next to another vehicle in front of a wall (or garage door in my case)-turn on the other vehicle's lights, then your M's then align your M's beam height to match the other vehicle. Do this for high beam then low beam and you should be in good shape.

I also snugged up the squealing fan belt-seemed tight enough yesterday but needed some more tension by the time I got home. Finally, I checked fluid levels in all my gear boxes too-do not skimp on PMCS my friends or you'll regret it... :)
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

PMCS, doing that yesterday Gary, also dropped the oil pan (because the gaskets had been leaking) and oil pick-up screen to clean all the sludge accumulated during the past 20 years of driving. The engine was running well but needed some attention. Checked all gear cases and got out the old grease gun and went to work.
You have to take care if what takes care of you.
Carter
Life Member:
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Yeah I need to bust out my grease gun too! I recall the guy at the Jiffy Lube telling me that my right-front trunion cap zerk wasn't allowing any grease in. Thanks for the reminder!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

You are welcome Gary. I also found 2 that were allowing no grease, one at the front spring and the other at rear of the short drive shaft but I had the correct zerks to replace the clogged ones. Was able to then grease those spots with no more problems. Now I need to thoroughly clean the oil pan, pump pick-up screen then put it all together. Properly maintaining these trucks is a lot of work but worth it.
Carter
Life Member:
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

For sure!

That snow disappeared as soon as it fell-all of it.

I also heard plenty from my teammates who missed the truck's appearance last week-had to promise them that they'd have equal opportunities to see it up close and personal....
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W