attaching pics

Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

jacksauto
PVT
PVT

attaching pics

Post by jacksauto »

hi I have been a member for a year and a half.heve registered my 53 m and would like to post pics of it .I have tried but to no avail ,I am not very good with computers so baby steps would be much appreciated.i think the members would like what I have done to my M,still having a lot of fun with it.any help would be appreciated thanks jack
RMS
MSGT
MSGT

Re: attaching pics

Post by RMS »

here is a post I made and one from w30bob about hosting and posting that a few found helpful
RMS wrote:i just sent this as part of a PM to 52 m-42 and thought i should share because "if you don't have pics it didn't happen" :mrgreen:

pics are easy to post. first sign up to http://beta.photobucket.com/ upload pics from your desktop(photo bucket has a easy "drag and drop" feature)once the stupid adds have stopped go to "my library" hold the mouse pointer over the pick you want to post. you will see a little gear in the upper rite hand corner of the pic. put the mouse on it. a drop down menu will appear. click on "get media links" a box will appear with the header "share photo" left click on "IMG code" this will save the link to the clip board. tab over to the G741 place the curcer were you want the image to appear and right click on the text body and left click "Paste". it should look similar to this: [.IMG]http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p61 ... /oscar.gif[/IMG] witch will give you :Image
photobucket has made some changes but who knows what they will do tomorrow :roll:
w30bob wrote:
Pick your poison. I use Flikr (http://www.flikr.com) but I've also used Photobucket. If you have a Yahoo account you simply log into Flikr with your Yahoo username and password. If you don't have a Yahoo account you simply register with Flikr. You do it once and it remembers you whenever you log in. If you go that route here's how you use it....

Once you're on the Flikr site there's a row of blue words under the "FLIKR" at the top.
Click on the last word, which is "Upload".
A mostly black screen will come up and in the upper left corner you'll see the word "ADD"...click on that.
Once you do that a window will open up showing the files on your computer.
Find the file of the picture you want to upload and double click on it.
Another mostly black screen will open and your pic will be in the upper corner of the box.
On the same page over in the upper right corner will be a blue box that says "Upload 1 Photo" or however many photos you want to upload.
If you want to upload more than one pic don't hit the blue button just yet, instead hit the "Add" button in the upper left corner and keep adding pics to the page.
When you're done finding the pics you want to upload then click the blue button in the upper right corner.
Once you do that a little white window appears in the middle of the screen asking you if you want to upload the pic.
Click "upload to photostream" and the pic will be added to your picture gallery.
To get a link to cut and paste into the forum you simply click on the photo you want and a long rectangular box pops just above the upper left corner of the pic.
You'll see the word "Share" with a little upside down black triange next to it. Click on the black triangle and the cut-and-paste link will appear.
Click anywhere in the box on the link and it will turn blue.
Right click and select "Copy".
Then go to the post you are making on the forum, right click and hit "Paste".
Now here's the important part......look at the link you just pasted into your forum post. Go to the end of the link and delete the "on Flikr" that appears after the last square parenthesis.
Then preview your post and you'll see your pic.

I know that sounds like a lot, but after you do it a few times it takes less than 30 seconds to have a pic posted on the forum. If you have any problems just shout.

regards,
bob
cant wait to see some pics....... maybe even a build thread?

cheers
Robyn
.............................. use it ...............