Missed your truck...

Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Cal_Gary

Missed your truck...

Post by Cal_Gary »

So the 4th of July has come and gone. We were out of town for the holiday so the M stayed on guard duty by itself inside the garage instead of being parked out front with the flags flying. I didn't think anything of it but in the past couple of weeks I've had at least 3 of my neighbors on different occasions mention that "...we didn't see your Army truck on the 4th..." whereas I replied that we were out of town and besides, I still have to reinstall the front clip so the truck is deemed "presentable". One neighbor and former Marine said "we appreciate your truck no matter what's missing off of it...."

I had no idea the act of simply pulling the truck out into the middle of the cul-de-sac and displaying the US, and POW/MIA flags on the 4th would have such an impact, and also the feedback this year when I didn't do it.

Guess I better prep for Labor Day and Veterans' Day, huh? Hmm, where are those radiator support panels...?

Thanks for letting me ramble,
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
stravers

Re: Missed your truck...

Post by stravers »

In RI it rained on the 4th. I have two holes in my original canvas. On the 3rd I attempted to remove it so that I could bring it to a canvas guy I know. Well, my son Cal and I managed to destroy it in the process. We both admittted it was neither of our faults, which was probably the most important thing, and agreed it was dry rotted and there was nothing else we could have done short of duct taping it. Needless to say, my first 4th of July with my M37 was a bust as it sat in the driveway and I went to the concert at the courthouse without it. The re-enactors all asked where the M37 was, after I had been talking it up for the previous two weeks. That's ok though, they had to fire off the canons with a lighter due to the rain. Not quite original equipment for our soldiers during the revoluationary war. I will call that argument a draw.....
Cal_Gary

Re: Missed your truck...

Post by Cal_Gary »

Sorry I didn't see your response until now-turns out I'll be out of town for Labor Day as well, but I did get my T/O radiator support panel today, so I'll begin refitting my front clip soon.
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500