BEWARE OF THIS ONE...

Buy and sell M37 and related stuff

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Forum rules
Your Location must be included in your advertisement or it may removed without notice.
Cal_Gary

BEWARE OF THIS ONE...

Post by Cal_Gary »

Hi Guys,
I've been in contact with this eBay seller who has 4 1st-series transmissions available. Since they are depot rebuilds I inquired about them. At first he responded promptly, was looking into shipping in case I decided to buy, then stopped responding after I sent several inquiries over his shipping cost ($100 over his shipping price in his listing). So, intending to call I looked up his business online. He has tons of dissatisfied customers, numerous complaints about his poor parts and refusing to refund when complaints are lodged. He has since upped his asking price $200 more, and it is no surprise that he hasn't sold any.

So, proceed with extreme caution. I am working with John at Midwest after getting the runaround from this guy:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Military-Dodge ... Ciid%253A1

I felt you should be advised,
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
NAM VET
1SG
1SG

Re: BEWARE OF THIS ONE...

Post by NAM VET »

I have bought a fair number of items for my own build in the last 18 months from Ebay. Not had a problem. I recently ordered a parts manual a month ago, and still don't have it, although I just got a message it is in the mail. In fairness to the sender, he did mention he was going to be away for awhile. I emailed him a week ago and he responded he was back, and would get it in the mail promptly, which seems to be the case. But his ratings were all very positive, so I felt it would come sooner or later.

So, referencing your discovery that your transmission seller has such a bad reputation, and yet has 24 all positive reviews, how did you find out that he has such a bad history? Is there some other way to look into an Ebay seller's reputation than clicking on the seller's name on the Ebay page? I want to protect my self in the future.

NV
just me
1SG
1SG

Post by just me »

Look him up at his business if it is named. See the Yelp and other reviews.
"It may be ugly, but at least it is slow!"
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Correct; it is not an eBay thing-I searched his business name online-that's where the reviews are.
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500