canadian hard top for sale, picture added

Buy and sell M37 and related stuff

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Forum rules
Your Location must be included in your advertisement or it may removed without notice.
paul
SGT
SGT

canadian hard top for sale, picture added

Post by paul »

top has a little rust a few dent (easy fix), and still has the sliding rear window but the glass is broken, make an offer , byer responsible for shipping, i tem located in beresford nb canada postal code e8k 1t6

paul

will post pictures later, its dark out
Last edited by paul on Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
paul
SGT
SGT

Post by paul »

here are the picture , item must weigth betwen 100 to 150 pound

MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Re: canadian hard top for sale, picture added

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

paul wrote:top has a little rust a few dent (easy fix), and still has the sliding rear window but the glass is broken, make an offer , byer responsible for shipping, i tem located in beresford nb canada postal code e8k 1t6

paul

will post pictures later, its dark out
It is incomplete unless you have all the sheet metal that goes on the interior, should be 3 different sections of interior pieces.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
paul
SGT
SGT

Post by paul »

do you have any pics of those part i migth have them in one off the parts truck, either way the price is make an offer
Master Yota
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Master Yota »

I'm curious to see those pieces as well Charles if you could furnish a picture. The only interior piece I've ever seen of trim is the strip down the middle that holds the foam insulation up...
Ray
1953 CDN. M37
1954 CDN. M152
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

I just don't have time to post pictures on this site, sorry. I don't think you could miss these if you had them. They are large, the entire interior is covered with sheet metal, there is 1 piece that covers the whole top portion, 1 piece that covers the entire back portion with the exception of the window and the sliding area to the right of the rear window, and 1 small piece that covers the area above the windshield frame. 2" of fiberglass insulation goes between the outer and inner sheet metal shells. You couldn't mistake these pieces, sounds like they are obviously missing.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
paul
SGT
SGT

Post by paul »

could it be that there is 2 kind of finish of those top? one way or an other it is still a functional top , and the price still is make an offer , those are not rainning down and falling out off the sky , i am sure someone could use a nice hard top
DAP
SSGT
SSGT

do this

Post by DAP »

If you are missing the pieces and don't need to be original then line the inside pieces with Reflectex (glue it) until it is built up even with the ribs. Then you have a smooth flat surface. Then glue some boat fabric on top and you have covered the interior and people won't know the difference. I used black boat fabric. You could always use OD boat fabric. I see this stuff at Pep Boys and the lesser quality is available at Wlly World. An added advantage is Reflectex is a radiant heat barrier (and insulator) so your cab is cooler in summer and warmer in winter.
Master Yota
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Master Yota »

I'm wondering if the Canadian trucks might have been different, and didn't have the inner trim panels. I've seen probably 20 different Canadian M37's over the years, all with hard tops, and none of which had the interior panels mentioned.
How did the panels attach - I have no screw holes in my top anywhere, aside from where it bolts across the windshield, and at the base for the cab mount.

Would their be a reason to permanently remove these panels?

Sorry for the hijack Paul, this is interesting information... :wink:
Ray
1953 CDN. M37
1954 CDN. M152
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

Master Yota wrote:I'm wondering if the Canadian trucks might have been different, and didn't have the inner trim panels. I've seen probably 20 different Canadian M37's over the years, all with hard tops, and none of which had the interior panels mentioned.
How did the panels attach - I have no screw holes in my top anywhere, aside from where it bolts across the windshield, and at the base for the cab mount.

Would their be a reason to permanently remove these panels?

Sorry for the hijack Paul, this is interesting information... :wink:
The large piece attaches with sheet metal screws over the door windows and on the center reinforcement channel, the rear section has #10X32 threaded holes where it is attached around the window frame area and on the ends above the rear door pillars. Sheet metal screws were used where the 2 panels met. The small piece that goes in the front in the windshield frame area uses sheet metal screws. The interior sheet metal looks like the interior sheet metal used in the M43 ambulance and the M152 Canadian radio trucks to give you a better idea of what it should be.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
outsider
PFC
PFC

Post by outsider »

If no one is interested in the top I would be interested in buying the rear window assembly.

BTW. That one already has a liner of some sorts in the top. Look careful and you can see the retaining band running vertically in the center of the top, and you can't see the center reenforcement rib edges.

Steve
Last edited by outsider on Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

outsider wrote:If no one is interested in the top I would be interested in buying the rear window assembly.

BTW. That one already has a liner of some sorts in the top. Look careful and you can see the retaining band running vertically in the center of the top, and you can't see the outside reenforcement ribs.

Steve
This is a bare bones arctic top, no interior pieces (liners) are there in these photos. We are very familiar with the arctic hardtops, just installed insulation and put a newly painted one back together last week. This appears a good functional top assembly, and certainly could be insulated with any number of available materials. The going price for a prime condition, complete arctic top in the US is in the $1,000 - $2,000 range, depending on the condition. While this one is not what I would consider prime, it looks to be in very restorable condition. The fact that parts are missing does hurt its worth considerably, I'd guess as is, it would bring at least $500, maybe a little more to an interested buyer.

I imagine there are 2 main reasons there has been no takers is the cost of shipping to the US, and the fact it isn't complete. They are not nearly as scarce in Canada as they were down here where most trucks had the soft tops. I wouldn't part it out if it were mine, the seller needs to do some serious advertising in the right places. There are serious buyers looking for the genuine article.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
outsider
PFC
PFC

Post by outsider »

M, I think you need to take another look at the pictures! There is clearly some kind of insulation in the roof of that cab. It isn't the "US" insulation with the steel liners (I have that on mine), but may be a "Canadian" style. It looks to well done to be a "bubba" job.
Steve
cuz
1SG
1SG

Post by cuz »

Judging by the gouges in it from high heel shoes :wink: it must be a spray in or glue in sound deadener material to combat the oil canning noise of the roof skin.
Wes K
wsknettl@centurytel.net

54 M37, 66 M101, 45MB, 51 M38, 60 CJ5, 46 T3-C
MVPA 22099

Disclaimer: Any data posted is for general info only and may not be M37 specific or meet with the approval of some esteemed gurus.
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

outsider wrote:M, I think you need to take another look at the pictures! There is clearly some kind of insulation in the roof of that cab. It isn't the "US" insulation with the steel liners (I have that on mine), but may be a "Canadian" style. It looks to well done to be a "bubba" job.
Steve
Actually it means nothing to me that something may be inside the roof area, photos like this reveal so little, at least to me. I won't even argue the fact that it could be something that was original to the Canadian military issued top, I simply don't know that answer to that question. The owner should be able to research that since he is in Canada and know for sure, in my opinion it would pay him to do so if he is seeking a top dollar sale. I'm simply stating facts that would matter to us if we were restoring the top to use on one of our rebuilds. There are many other ways it can be viewed, depending on the intended end use.

Bottom line, I'm looking for no arguement.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com