Fuel Pump TM?

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

ez8
CPL
CPL

Fuel Pump TM?

Post by ez8 »

Does anyone have a TM number for rebuild of the GP21181 mechanical fuel pump?

Thanks.
Elwood
MSGT
MSGT

Re: Fuel Pump TM?

Post by Elwood »

I've never found a TM that covers the specific fuel pump on the G-741 trucks. The closest I've found is TM 9-1828A Ordnance Maintenance Fuel Pumps, which was issued in 1945. The AC fuel pumps BK and BN covered in this manual are close to the fuel/vacuum pump in our trucks.
“When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, IT IS THEIR RIGHT, IT IS THEIR DUTY, TO THROW OFF SUCH GOVERNMENT...” -Declaration of Independence, 1776
ez8
CPL
CPL

Post by ez8 »

Darn. I've got the same TM and was thinking the same as you, Elwood. Seems like a knowledge gap in my nation's otherwise comprehensive manual base!

Was this fuel pump used in another MV? Perhaps we can cross reference with the TM for that vehicle. Is the fuel pump for the M38 the same?
Elwood
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Elwood »

I'm not a Jeep guy, but I don't believe that the fuel pumps used in the M38 or M38A1 are the same as the M37. They're all two sided, i.e. with a fuel section and a vacuum section, but at a minimum the mounting bosses are different.

These pumps aren't especially complicated to disassemble and rebuild, even without a model-specific manual. Are you having an unusual problem with yours?
“When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, IT IS THEIR RIGHT, IT IS THEIR DUTY, TO THROW OFF SUCH GOVERNMENT...” -Declaration of Independence, 1776
ez8
CPL
CPL

Post by ez8 »

I bought a used on off the electronic bay and I like to collect the TM's for the various bits of machinery I find, that's all. :D
Elwood
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Elwood »

The US Army seemed to have documentation for anything and everything, so my assumption (after reading TM 9-1828A and after being unable to find an update TM that includes the G-741 pumps) is that they simply continued to use TM 9-1828A. The BK and BN pumps are so close to our pumps (the rocker arm is different) that maybe they didn't need to issue a new TM.