Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

w30bob
1SG
1SG

Anybody know what this belongs on?

Post by w30bob »

Hi Guys,

Sorry.......not M37 related, but I didn't think you'd take a look in the other sections. Got this at Red Ball with the fording parts I picked up. Seller said I had to take it. I'm guessing it's either a cap for a diesel intake filter, or a snorkel cap for an intake fording tube...........but Googling the part numbers doesn't get me an application or vehicle. All the caps I've seen have a screen over the opening....this one does not. Anybody know what vehicle it's from?

Elwood
MSGT
MSGT

Re: Anybody know what this belongs on?

Post by Elwood »

Bob, my search turned up a cross reference to Navistar p/n 102067-R91, which is an air cleaner intake pipe cap. It also crossed to a Diamond-Reo part number, which suggests that it could be for the original M35 series 2-1/2 ton trucks?
“When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, IT IS THEIR RIGHT, IT IS THEIR DUTY, TO THROW OFF SUCH GOVERNMENT...” -Declaration of Independence, 1776
k8icu
1SG
1SG

Post by k8icu »

Yep its the air inlet cap for a M35A2. Here is a link to a picture of it on the truck.

M37s are HMMWV in my world!
Elwood
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Elwood »

Bob, now that you have the intake cap, you'll just have to buy an M35A2 to go with it. :lol:
“When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, IT IS THEIR RIGHT, IT IS THEIR DUTY, TO THROW OFF SUCH GOVERNMENT...” -Declaration of Independence, 1776
isaac_alaska
SFC
SFC

Post by isaac_alaska »

they could be different stamps for a part that does the same thing, but the cap on the truck doesn't quite match the cap in the first pic
Isaac
Fairbanks, AK
Civilian WM300 on DC3 tires
'52 M37 on 11x16 Michelin
'52 M37 on Apple R-1 tractor tires
Photo Gallery
52PLOWERWAGON
SFC
SFC

Post by 52PLOWERWAGON »

that belongs on my shelf :P

send it over :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks,TRAVIS
When it comes to gambling I don't play the Powerball, I play the Powerwagon

1952 M37 FARM TRUCK
230 W/THRUSH EXHAUST, DELETED HEAT RISER AND 12 VOLT IGNITION

1941 WC RATROD
w/ 5 TON MULTIFUEL TURBO DIESEL
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

That doesn't look like the deuce intake caps that I'm familiar with.
Just my 2 cents,
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

Hi Guys,

I thought it was M35 too, but it didn't match the ones on the M35's at the show I looked at. They all had inlet caps with a mesh screen underneath to keep out rocks, twigs and small children. This one is totally open underneath, which is why I was thinking it was for a fording snorkel......there isn't too much debris in the air over a river or stream.

As for me needing an M35.........that's probably the LAST thing I need right now. I don't think the ol' "well honey, I had this part already, so I figured I'd just get the rest of it" probably won't go over too well with the girlfriend. But now if one just happens to follow me home............... :mrgreen:

thanks guys,
bob