1st run to the dump...

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Cal_Gary

1st run to the dump...

Post by Cal_Gary »

Saturday offered a decent chance weather-wise to finally cart off a load of basement junk to the local dump-19 miles away. We hope to begin finishing the unfinished basement soon, with the house wiring the first step in the process. So, we loaded up the M37 and headed out. The trip was uneventful until we got in line where a sign said "uncovered loads will cost double the fee". Well crap, I don't carry a tarp and didn't have my bed tarp with me, so we turned around and drove an extra 10 miles to pick one up from Walmart as opposed the 19 mile return trip home. When we arrived the gal at the window couldn't have cared less about the tarp. Once we paid the $10 fee and got to the dump point that guy asked about the truck and "...when we goin' wheelin'? Sorry but this was a "yo Home, smell ya later moment" as it was clear the guy had been festering around the dump all day. We off-loaded in a hurry then got the hell out of there!

The truck ran well at up to 45 mph. The MUTT heater helped, as a cold front came through while we were headed home (eventually dropping some snow Sunday night that is still coming down as I type). I slept well that night after the trip with all the armstrong steering and shifting.

Temps are supposed to climb each day this week, into the 60s by next weekend. Perhaps I'll get back on the air horn project....
Everybody doing ok I hope,
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
Elwood
MSGT
MSGT

Re: 1st run to the dump...

Post by Elwood »

8) Always a good feeling to use one's truck for real work.

What's the purpose of the 2x fee for un-tarped loads?

Enjoy that weather. We've still got plenty of snow on the ground here, and next weekend (the long Easter weekend, of course) is supposed to be at least 10 degrees below normal. :roll:
“When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, IT IS THEIR RIGHT, IT IS THEIR DUTY, TO THROW OFF SUCH GOVERNMENT...” -Declaration of Independence, 1776
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Thanks John,
Likely due to so many accidents being caused by uncovered, unsecured loads here in the Salt Lake valley.

I confess being ready for Spring since we had a mild Winter but it looks like a last fling before it all melts away.
Hope all is well with you!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
ashyers
MSGT
MSGT

Post by ashyers »

Gary,
We did something similar a few weeks ago, but it was Hilde's old clothes off for donation. Filled the bed of the truck :shock: !

Glad you're out enjoying the M37. We're getting ready for the MVCC meet in Petaluma, which means we've pulled the transmission... :lol: . It's good that I enjoy playing with the truck!

Andy
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Nice to hear from you Andy! We made a donation run ourselves today, clearing more stuff out of the basement. Furniture, electronic equipment, clothes, etc., a full bed load. The truck is still running well but I need to adjust the clutch-free travel is getting a bit long, enough to where 2nd is growling when I try to hit it.
Not much chance of us making Petaluma, much to my chagrin, but we'll find our way over there sometime.

Hope you, Hilde, and the hound are well!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W