Post by 808morgan »

m371.jpg
m371.jpg (230.8 KiB) Viewed 3419 times
Attachments
m373.jpg
m373.jpg (192.86 KiB) Viewed 3419 times
m372.jpg
m372.jpg (248.3 KiB) Viewed 3419 times
Last edited by 808morgan on Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
808morgan
CPL
CPL

Re: Well my M37 is here!

Post by 808morgan »

m376.jpg
m376.jpg (138.31 KiB) Viewed 3415 times
m375.jpg
m375.jpg (170.53 KiB) Viewed 3415 times
m374.jpg
m374.jpg (169.7 KiB) Viewed 3415 times
Anyone know which heater that is in it? From a Jeep?

There is an old heater of some kind that doesn't work, I didn't know! We drove it around a back road, lots of fun, I can't wait to get it all sorted out. The engine is fine, we have other stuff to do though!
Last edited by 808morgan on Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ashyers
MSGT
MSGT

Post by ashyers »

Morgan,
Congratulations! I hope I'll get to see it this weekend if you're not working. Let the journey begin :D

Andy

ps. you need to come to the Petaluma MVCC event, if even just for the day!
Marmalute
PFC
PFC

Post by Marmalute »

Hey Morgan
That looks like a dandy M37 with some interesting options too! I like the side spot light!
Plus, seeing the rear placed windshield,it looks like it might be the very rare “dual cowl phaeton” M37! :D
Looks like fun to me!
808morgan
CPL
CPL

Post by 808morgan »

Marmalute wrote:Hey Morgan
That looks like a dandy M37 with some interesting options too! I like the side spot light!
Plus, seeing the rear placed windshield,it looks like it might be the very rare “dual cowl phaeton” M37! :D
Looks like fun to me!
Yeah it is pretty crazy to drive, this one has a rebuilt engine etc. so that is all good. Mostly paint and details to work on. Yeah he had the spotlight mount made from schematics from this site I think he said, had a guy fabricate it.
808morgan
CPL
CPL

Post by 808morgan »

ashyers wrote:Morgan,
Congratulations! I hope I'll get to see it this weekend if you're not working. Let the journey begin :D

Andy

ps. you need to come to the Petaluma MVCC event, if even just for the day!
We have a huge show to take out, I don't see it all being done tomorrow... I would love to go, my job makes me miss classic rallies with my 240Z as well, I'm just never very lucky with that, I get to Cars and Coffee Marin when I can, the M37 is going to that!!
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

So exciting to get an M37! That one looks solid and ready for some TLC-Keep us posted on your progress!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
jim lee
SSGT
SSGT

Post by jim lee »

I'd move your fuel line outside and away from the manifold. You are just asking for vapor lock having it routed in there like that. Typically, where your fuel line is currently routed, is where they route the vacuum boost line from your fuel pump to your windshield wipers.

But yeah, they are fun machines! Yours looks really nice.

-jim lee
808morgan
CPL
CPL

Post by 808morgan »

jim lee wrote:I'd move your fuel line outside and away from the manifold. You are just asking for vapor lock having it routed in there like that. Typically, where your fuel line is currently routed, is where they route the vacuum boost line from your fuel pump to your windshield wipers.

But yeah, they are fun machines! Yours looks really nice.

-jim lee
Thanks for the tip, I will talk with my friend/mechanic about it tomorrow. The truck has been worked on slowly for about eight years, most of the body work is done, minus inside the bed basically. Probably doing 4.89 gears in the summer, I bought them and waiting for them. He put real rebuilt Warn hubs on it, yeah there isn't really any real rust, just some light surface stuff in a couple places and the muffler. He painted the frame and did the body work a couple years ago, tires are pretty new.
rickf
SSGT
SSGT

Post by rickf »

Might want to replace those radiator hoses too.
1953 M37
1964 M151A1
1967 M416
1984 M1008
4/1952 M100
12/1952 M100 gone
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Give him a chance, guys, I'm sure he's making a laundry list of "to do" stuff! :)
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
NAM VET
1SG
1SG

Post by NAM VET »

Welcome from me also. When I got my own M37 nearly two years ago, planning on a restoration, one of the things I did was to read the many hundreds of threads about problems and solutions on this and other forums. I learned a lot from others about cautions and hints about so many things. I also acquired all the TM's about my truck, and came to this forum often to ask questions of the more experienced members when I just wasn't sure how to accomplish this or that task.

Again, welcome and keep up with pictures of your restoration.

NAM VET
808morgan
CPL
CPL

Post by 808morgan »

Cal_Gary wrote:Give him a chance, guys, I'm sure he's making a laundry list of "to do" stuff! :)
Gary
Oh a new radiator is in the back of the truck, that will be changed. It just got here from MA. Oh you are in Utah, I would love to drive this around some of those spots out there.
Last edited by 808morgan on Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
808morgan
CPL
CPL

Post by 808morgan »

NAM VET wrote:Welcome from me also. When I got my own M37 nearly two years ago, planning on a restoration, one of the things I did was to read the many hundreds of threads about problems and solutions on this and other forums. I learned a lot from others about cautions and hints about so many things. I also acquired all the TM's about my truck, and came to this forum often to ask questions of the more experienced members when I just wasn't sure how to accomplish this or that task.

Again, welcome and keep up with pictures of your restoration.

NAM VET

Thanks, I have been going through as much as I can find on anything I've had to look into. I ordered a new tranny top from Midwest Military today, there is so much play in that thing. ashyers on here has been very helpful, he is on the board of the local military vehicle association across the bay from me. I also located a retired gentleman north of me who used to run a power wagon business and still does side jobs, he can work on the tricky stuff so I am very lucky to have found that resource. I think he will swap in my 4.89s when they arrive and rebuild my steering knuckles with bearings etc.. My friend is painting the truck soon and working on a few little details, it's in good shape since the previous owner worked on it for a few years.

Thanks,

Morgan (USMC)
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Southern Utah has most of the off-road spots so I'm more restricted to waiting on the big snows up North; you're in good hands working with Andy (ASHYERS)-good friend of mine that I met through this forum!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W