Soaking Carb. in Pine Sol

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Sal
SFC
SFC

Soaking Carb. in Pine Sol

Post by Sal »

I know this sounds weird but has anyone used Pine Sol to soak a carburetor in before rebuilding it ? I was looking for something I could use in my basement shop that would be safe and not small the house up . I found a U tube video showing a guy using it and said it worked for him . I was just wondering if anyone has tried it or uesd anything anything like it ?

Sal
:mrgreen:
1954 M37 WO/W
1969 M101A1
1967 M416
ashyers
MSGT
MSGT

Re: Soaking Carb. in Pine Sol

Post by ashyers »

Sal,
I blasted one with baking soda. Didn't smell as nice as Pine Sol, but it did get the gunk off :). Seems like it would work if it doesn't react w/ the metal.

Andy
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Re: Soaking Carb. in Pine Sol

Post by w30bob »

Sal,

Never tried Pine Sol.....that just smells too good to be used in a garage! But I have tried Purple Power. Straight up it's one of the few things that I know of that will remove the white crap residue in carbs that were left with ethanol fuel in them for way too long. I keep a 5 gallon bucket around for just such things. Also a good way to get rid of the wife's pesky cat. Oh crap.........did I just say that out loud? :shock:

It'll also remove the dichromate finish, so don't drop your new Holley 4-BBL in there! Seriously, Purple Power undiluted is pretty strong stuff, so be careful. I think Simple Green is mixed stronger than Pine Sol.......and doesn't smell like a retarded forest, but I don't think you can hurt anything by giving Pine Sol a try. :mrgreen:

regards,
bob