m152 only Canadian?

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

rcb

m152 only Canadian?

Post by rcb »

Were the m152s only made for Canada? The information I found suggests that, but it wasn't conclusive.
Cal_Gary

Re: m152 only Canadian?

Post by Cal_Gary »

That is correct, according to my references.
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
rcb

Post by rcb »

Thanks! That's what I was thinking. I like the format of them, but looks like they'd be hard to stumble across.
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

I've only seen one for sale, and that was several years ago.
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
m15256
CPL
CPL

Post by m15256 »

Actually there were a few US ones built. Zentmeyer's book mentions them.
I think the rear door(s) are a give away because the CDN has one and the US like the M-43 have two. See below.

There is a small book titled “TM 9-1840C M37 – The Production Story” from the IPC Research Department (John Zentmyer), published in 1987.
RICK
M 152 CDN
M 56 (V41)
Jess
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Jess »

As they were Canadian built in Windsor, Ontario and deployed across Canada and with some in Europe, your best bet to find one is to look in Canada on Kijji or Craigslist. Currently there is one for sale in Alberta, listed along with an M135 & M37.
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/edm ... nFlag=true Check out the pictures for the M152CDN.

They were also bought and shipped to Georgia by SECO but nobody seems to know what happened to them once there. I recall seeing pictures of a field full at the SECO property.

Here's another one. Grab it quick before the Wall is built and duties applied... http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.htm ... cale=en_CA
rcb

Post by rcb »

Looks like that one must have sold. I may poke around for a m43, but the extra windows seems like a nice feature. The second one is there. Price seems pretty reasonable too for one so complete.
Jess
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Jess »

They are out there but condition and asking price varies a lot. Rust in the same places as the M43 and more... I posted a link for one in Prince George, British Columbia if your location is anywhere near the west coast. Check out the Swap Meet.

You could also place an add on Kijji in Ontario, Quebec and New Brunswick if you are in the eastern US. They do come up fairly often and many are sitting waiting to be found. Expect a project as the years take their toll on the sheet metal.

Here's one in your backyard wherever that is... M152CDNs are everywhere... I suggest you update your profile and add location.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1954-Dodge-Powe ... 1657307523

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/pri ... nFlag=true
rcb

Post by rcb »

I live in southern Indiana in the US. I'm still waiting to hear back on a wc62 up in Alberta, but it seems like things take a lot longer to hear back on up there. So I'm looking elsewhere too in case that turns into vapor.
Jess
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Jess »

The wait is likely because they are near frozen to death. Out here on the balmy coast, its a warm 0 F. I can hardly wait until it warms up a couple of more degrees and I can get the rest of my tractor painted...

If that one doesn't work out, keep looking and you will find the right one for the right price.