Insurance

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Gerry
MSGT
MSGT

Insurance

Post by Gerry »

After 6 years I am finally almost ready to hit the road and need insurance. I used to use JC Taylor with my M38 but was wondering who everyone else has. Also the HARD question is putting a value on my truck. I have done a frame off restoration and redone everything but tranny, transfer case and differentials. I know this is very subjective but Im not wanting to sell and just want to be covered. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Gerry

53 M37
carolinamv
SSGT
SSGT

Re: Insurance

Post by carolinamv »

My '54 is insured for 28k agreed value , no mileage limit ,garaged ,etc. We pay under 200 a year. Its a frame off also. Insure it for what you would have to do it all over again, you or paying a professional to do it. I had to send pictures and such in.

We use Continental Western Group / Tri State .
-Jay

MVPA#31295
Military Vehicle Collectors of Colorado
http://www.mvcconline.org
3/3 CAV HWB
Gerry
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Gerry »

Jay,
Thanks for the info. For the price Its worth putting a high value. I certainly have a lot of money into it never mind paying the labor.
Gerry

53 M37
kathybmoore

Post by kathybmoore »

Hi Jay,
Thanks for the referral! I would be happy to help anyone insure their military vehicle. We have a great collector vehicle insurance program. We also provide a discount for all members of MVPA or other car clubs. Give me a call at 1-800-603-3330 and I'll run a quote.
Kathy
Gerry
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Gerry »

Kathy,
Will call you soon
Gerry

53 M37
carolinamv
SSGT
SSGT

Post by carolinamv »

I also forgot I think I used a club discount also.

Thanks.
-Jay

MVPA#31295
Military Vehicle Collectors of Colorado
http://www.mvcconline.org
3/3 CAV HWB
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Not to step on Kathy but I cover mine with State Farm.
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
Gerry
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Gerry »

Thanks Gary,
I used JC Tayler on my M38 so the more options the better
Gerry

53 M37
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Reviving this old thread since I just changed insurance carriers, taking advantage of the MVPA discount with Hagerty, I got full coverage to include towing for less than $150 per year. State Farm kept raising my rates to cover all the non-drivers in Utah so I finally had enough and dumped them after 35 years as a customer. Their rate finally hit $150 for 6 months of liability only, and with me getting more and more use on the road I wanted the extra security of full coverage.

Anyway, you MVPA members might take a look and possibly save some cash.
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
ashyers
MSGT
MSGT

Post by ashyers »

Gary,
Is there a mileage limit?

Andy
just me
1SG
1SG

Post by just me »

Haqgerty told me to pack sand.
I drive my truck and it sits outside. Unless it lived in a heated garage and only did "parades or 'sanctioned' events", they wanted nothing to do with it.
"It may be ugly, but at least it is slow!"
NAM VET
1SG
1SG

Post by NAM VET »

I insured mine a year ago for something like $160 or so, including one tow. No deductable, just don't sink it in a river. Otherwise no restrictions.

NV
rickf
SSGT
SSGT

Post by rickf »

just me wrote:Haqgerty told me to pack sand.
I drive my truck and it sits outside. Unless it lived in a heated garage and only did "parades or 'sanctioned' events", they wanted nothing to do with it.
That is interesting to hear since I have Hagerty for all of my antiques. They are the one company that allows you to go out and actually use the vehicle and in the case of the larger trucks they fully understand that you are not likely to have a commercial barn to put them in so outside is fine as long as they are secured. JC Taylor is the one with the heated garage and no mileage deal. That said, if you have it built as a mudder then no, they are not going to cover it and neither will anyone else.
1953 M37
1964 M151A1
1967 M416
1984 M1008
4/1952 M100
12/1952 M100 gone
just me
1SG
1SG

Post by just me »

Mine is bone stock. But it isn't a glamour puss. It has, lets just call it 'patina', to be charitable. I have it and my other cars, trucks and house with Safeco. After over 30 years with State Farm, they policy changed and rate hiked me to dropping them and shopping elsewhere. The M37 is limited to under 5,000 miles a year with no other restriction and about $125 a year. If I drove it more, it would go up $35 a year or so.
"It may be ugly, but at least it is slow!"
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Hi Andy and All,
I think I told them a thousand miles per year; also had to send a photo but it's the same patina and one of the widely posted photos here and they had no problem with it. It also includes 4 tows per year (that we all hope to never have to use) :)
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W