Slow, Old and Green

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Kaegi
SFC
SFC

Re: Slow, Old and Green

Post by Kaegi »

great pics and good job on the HG. the perfect trail to take a Dodge up. I always get a shocked reaction from people in other rigs on the trail when I tell them I have no lockers. some don't believe me after they have seen the performance. lol
RMS
MSGT
MSGT

Post by RMS »

into a bit of spring cleaning around the yard, knocking back the black berries before they envelope the old iron, first cut on the lawn( a bit early but it was already 2.5ft tall ) and taking in scrap.

On one of my loads I was a little over on the scale :shock: Image

I didn't notice the weight until I merged onto the hwy and gave her the beans. she was farting loudly but struggling to break 40mph on the speed o head with 4.89s. it was like being in mud or on a slight grade :P when I saw the receipt I knew the 35 / 45 psi setup wasn't right for that load :mrgreen:
.............................. use it ...............
52 M-42
SFC
SFC

Post by 52 M-42 »

I learned a long time ago to try to keep an eye on the rear springs as I load the truck up; otherwise I always end up with an over loaded truck..... :shock:

And I don't like taking stuff back out of the truck.
RMS
MSGT
MSGT

Post by RMS »

with the ambulance springs she doesn't droop much..... anyways as far as I can figure the heavier she is the higher she sits :? Image
neverfinished
PFC
PFC

Post by neverfinished »

Had to laugh at the vehicle description on the receipt. Did you bother to educate them or just save your breath , grab your money and go?
Ted
1951 m-37
1953 M-37 USAF
2 M-101A1 trailers
NRA Life
RMS
MSGT
MSGT

Post by RMS »

just grabbed the cash...... I've been desensitized to folks calling the m37 a jeep.

surprised no one called me out as im only 50lbs over, but if my tare is 6300 what the heck do I have in the truck?
I guess spring cleaning is far from over.

can someone explain the dimensional data ?
empty 52
loaded 65 1500 lbs
........68 2000 lbs
Jess
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Jess »

Its probably all those useful spares and the tools necessary to do a roadside head gasket or fix anything else that might come up during an adventure. :D I keep a couple of axles and a toolset just in case. I have not needed them yet, but then mine hasn't left the shop in two years...
ashyers
MSGT
MSGT

Post by ashyers »

I think the dimensional data reflects a shift in CG from when the truck is unloaded, loaded to 1500# offroad, and 2000# onroad.
RMS
MSGT
MSGT

Post by RMS »

Had the 37 out for the first time in over a year. did a 80k round trip with a load of parts. did a mix of hwy and heavy city traffic. at one point the speedo read 50mph running 4.89s and 900r16s :mrgreen:
RCrombie
CPL
CPL

Post by RCrombie »

Must have felt good to get it out and for a long trip too. Wouldn’t really care much for driving an m37 through city traffic though.
Was the trip to collect parts or drop them off?
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Congrats RMS and thanks for the update!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
HingsingM37
1SG
1SG

Post by HingsingM37 »

Welcome aboard Robyn. Thanks for sharing the pics and the great video. I am surprised you did not yank the rear end out of the Ford with that rolling take off :D I too experienced a driveshaft failure last year backing into my spot at a show while 40 people were watching :oops: . Ends up there was a porosity in the yoke ear that gave it up. They are really tiny drive line yokes in comparison to the stoutness of the rest of the M37. Nice to see you get out in the wild with your truck. I recently started camping and trailblazing in mine. It is fun to explore the wilderness in an M37. Especially passing a $40K Wrangler whose driver and passengers are envious of your old M37 :mrgreen:
David
HingsingM37
1958 M37B1
1968 M101A1 Trailer
MVPA# 33078

"Do Not Take Counsel of Your Fears"
General George S. Patton Jr.

"Those who pound their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not".