Past Members Search.....

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Mobilized Medic

Re: Past Members Search.....

Post by Mobilized Medic »

Yo MM !
I'm baaaaack!
Still standing in at the plate despite some curveballs on the inside corner. What the Sam Hill made me log on and Re-Up? Must be the cosmic consciousness of M-thrax.
BTW, I have a gazillion O-rings. (thanks Bill L) Still haven't figured out how to get them untangled. (Bill, one of those sleeping bags saved my backside.)
Sorry to say Sid Beck has left us for the Great Motor Pool. Great inspiration for me. I will miss his help.
I think about Lifer as well too.
Jeez, this like going back over the ol' fire team from back in the Big One.
My corral still contains M43s. Redoing brakes and fuel systems on one and getting the other off the "parts rack" and back together again. One at the ready. Added a slatgrill I found in a contractors yard. (were all jeeps that small?)
Still offer cure for M-thrax sufferers, but no takers. Heh,heh,heh. (No survivors.)
I'll keep an eye out and ear to the forum. I am afraid my enthusiasm outpaces my lackluster skills and proficiencies in the shop.
Keep the faith, and dem ol trucks runnin'.
Regards, Mobilized (and circling back on my tracks) Medic
Mobilized Medic
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Post by m-37Bruce »

Yo Medic!! I'm sort of in the same boat, electrics are leaving there gremlins somewhere in/under the OD Goddess?
Stay In Touch!
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
Monkey Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monkey Man »

Mobilized Medic wrote:Yo MM !
I'm baaaaack!
Still standing in at the plate despite some curveballs on the inside corner. What the Sam Hill made me log on and Re-Up? Must be the cosmic consciousness of M-thrax.
BTW, I have a gazillion O-rings. (thanks Bill L) Still haven't figured out how to get them untangled. (Bill, one of those sleeping bags saved my backside.)
Sorry to say Sid Beck has left us for the Great Motor Pool. Great inspiration for me. I will miss his help.
I think about Lifer as well too.
Jeez, this like going back over the ol' fire team from back in the Big One.
My corral still contains M43s. Redoing brakes and fuel systems on one and getting the other off the "parts rack" and back together again. One at the ready. Added a slatgrill I found in a contractors yard. (were all jeeps that small?)
Still offer cure for M-thrax sufferers, but no takers. Heh,heh,heh. (No survivors.)
I'll keep an eye out and ear to the forum. I am afraid my enthusiasm outpaces my lackluster skills and proficiencies in the shop.
Keep the faith, and dem ol trucks runnin'.
Regards, Mobilized (and circling back on my tracks) Medic
Good to see you back "Other MM" :-)

Best Regards - MM :-)
Trained Monkey on Guard
dodgem37@netspace.net.au
SydneyM37
CPL
CPL

Post by SydneyM37 »

Bruce McCann here, allways on the side watching and waiting

Cheers
Sydney ,australia
Keep em green to keep ya keen
Conelrad

Post by Conelrad »

It has been a long while, indeed. In a previous life I logged in as "POW". :shock:

I still have M-37's to play with, the Detroit 3-53N job got sold and I don't know just where it is today. Not to worry, there is another one in the works.

If you have electrical problems with your G741, I'll be happy to advise. Or the odd Diesel conversion.... :twisted:

Dennis
One never gets old until some fool shows you how.
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Post by m-37Bruce »

Welcome Home POW!
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
G741-6x6

Post by G741-6x6 »

Ben here got off track, hopping now to get back to the M37
Monkey Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monkey Man »

Welcome back to you all, I wonder if there is anyone else we have missed?? :wink:

MM :D
Trained Monkey on Guard
dodgem37@netspace.net.au
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Post by m-37Bruce »

Brian N' Oregon? Medic, Sick-Call, M-43 Medic.........
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
Monkey Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monkey Man »

Still waiting Bruce, I suspect some have either given it away or literally gone to that great MV Freesale yard in the sky, either way they are gone but not forgotten...

MM :D
Trained Monkey on Guard
dodgem37@netspace.net.au
Dan in Michigan
PVT
PVT

Post by Dan in Michigan »

I am still here. It has been a long time since I have posted. My truck is very much alive and doing well. I just got a set of rear tire chains this past week for hauling firewood out of the woods :)
powool
PVT
PVT

Post by powool »

I've been a lurker with a few questions over the last 10-11 years or so. Raising kids has kept me busy, but I just put insurance back on my M-37 for hopefully full year of driving! Took me 5 years to rebuild the engine, thanks to kid #2. Winter before last was so warm I worked outside on the engine a ton and got it ready to go - a few false starts here and there, but now it runs well. Now I'm redoing the wood seats, racks and canvas bows. Hoping to get the bed area cleaned up for a July 4th parade with my daughter's girl scout troop riding in it! It's just a driver, but it is fun to putt putt around town in it... Oh yeah, I went to the Thunder Over Michigan airshow at Willow Run last year with my son, and we parked with the rest of the MV's there - that was a blast!

Paul in Ann Arbor
Paul Anderson
JimC
SSGT
SSGT

Post by JimC »

Hi, all.
I haven't posted in several years. I own a 708 acquired about 1970-1971, a 37 given to me by my foster brother in 1962 (my first vehicle), and 2 parts 37's.

The 708 is stock. I installed a big block Chevy, a Muncie SM-465, a KS-22 No-Spin differential, and Warn Hubs in the 37 back about 1967. The 37 also has a Braden winch. I'd like to find another Braden for the 708.

It's good to be back.
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Post by m-37Bruce »

Jim Cunningham, How in the heck are you?
Welcome Back!
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
JimC
SSGT
SSGT

Post by JimC »

Doin' good, Bruce.