Times are Changing.....

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Monkey Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Times are Changing.....

Post by Monkey Man »

OK, Times are indeed changing at home as are circumstances.....
I have sold my quad bike and it's trailer, cleared out a ton of stuff, dismantled my electronics workshop to re-fit it back to a room for my Dad as he is coming to live with us and My M37 of 20 years has been sold, it's paid for and sitting in the garage packed up with it's spares with transport arrangements pending. I have had a lot of fun with it, quite a few adventures but it's time for it to move on, the new owner is Matt Baker from Queensland and I am sure it'll be 1000% better than it ever has been once Matt has finished work, a real head turner.
I will not abandon my post, I'll still be admin here and check in as usual, nothing will change apart from the amount of free space in my garage.
I am sure you will help Matt out every bit as much as you have helped me out and many thanks for all you guys have done...

Regards - MM
Trained Monkey on Guard
dodgem37@netspace.net.au
W_A_Watson_II
SFC
SFC

Re: Times are Changing.....

Post by W_A_Watson_II »

Monkey Man,

Best of wishes and prayers be with you and the family. Life and living continues and we can't set still. You are an asset here and we look forward to your continued support and efforts here.
Thanks,
Will
1946 Dodge Power Wagon
1953 Dodge M37 - "Frankenstein"
My 1953 Dodge M37 WEB Site
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

Like I said last night Tony, you only have one Dad so taking care of him is important.
Carter
Life Member:
Delta, Peach Bottom Fish & Game Assn.
Juan
SGT
SGT

Post by Juan »

Sad to hear you've sold a lifetime project, like mine.
I wish I have more time to participate in this forum like I did in the past.
Though we've never met, I think I know you for years.

Family first thing MM, no bike, truck or radio equipment can change that.

Hope your Dad do Well.

Keep the M Flame burning,
Juan Castro
Buenos Aires
Argentina
Gerry
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Gerry »

Sad to hear you sold your M. Its a hard fever to get rid of so maybe in a few years you will get another one. Glad you are staying as moderator. Your work here doesn't go unnoticed!
Gerry

53 M37
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Post by m-37Bruce »

Get out of the way, if you can't lend a hand, cuz the times they are a changin'! The guys are right, Juan has spoken, and most of us old timers feel the same way. Your father is your father, enjoy the time, it is fleeting, we all understand, this is a hobby, and you will find another. Maybe prospecting?
Last edited by m-37Bruce on Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
Jess
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Jess »

MM, Thanks for all your contributions in the past and for keeping us going in the years to come. Time does not stand still for anyone and your family always comes first. We'll look forward to hearing of new adventures and of your contributions to this great forum. Many of the regulars on this forum have been riding along since the BigE days and its some kind if family, even if we never will meet in person. I still have Taz on my list and if I have enough years left will look you up down there.

Jes Andersen
Black Creek, Vancouver Island
British Columbia, Canada
Monkey Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monkey Man »

Thanks Guys, It'll all work out in the end and I will end up with another military vehicle at some stage once things become a bit more settled.
I am glad Matt has bought it, his skills will make for a seriously good build and being a good friend of Wayne it means the 2 Tasmanian M37's will be back together in the same state, Queensland.
I am not sure what to get yet, I'll keep y'all posted 8)

MM
Trained Monkey on Guard
dodgem37@netspace.net.au
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Just got back on line; hope to continue working with you Tony as you follow life's journey-take good care of your dad and be thankful he's still with you!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
T. Highway

Post by T. Highway »

Tony,

As I read your post I understand exactly what you are saying. The items that you had to displace or sell off "is only STUFF" and can be acquired again, if you so choose at a later date.

First and foremost family is the top priority. Having gone though this very recently with my father, make sure that you make every minute count. We will keep you and your family in our prayers.

If you need anything just say the word.

Kind Regards,
Bert
1952 M37 W/W Rebuild @ 59% complete
Engine rebuild @ 95% complete
1985 M1009, 1990 M101A2, 2008 M116A3 Pioneer tool trailer
MVPA # 24265
NRA Life Member
NRA Cert. Personal Protection Pistol Instructor
NRA Cert. RSO
Class III RSO/KCR
HingsingM37
1SG
1SG

Post by HingsingM37 »

Wishing you all the best MM. Prayers for strength and success during these changes. Thanks for all your dedication to this forum and enjoy the time with your father. Rest assured your rig is going to a good home. Keep in touch. :mrgreen: :wink:

Bruce, Good job on the Bob Dylan reference. :)
David
HingsingM37
1958 M37B1
1968 M101A1 Trailer
MVPA# 33078

"Do Not Take Counsel of Your Fears"
General George S. Patton Jr.

"Those who pound their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not".
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Post by m-37Bruce »

HingsingM37 wrote:Wishing you all the best MM. Prayers for strength and success during these changes. Thanks for all your dedication to this forum and enjoy the time with your father. Rest assured your rig is going to a good home. Keep in touch. :mrgreen: :wink:

Bruce, Good job on the Bob Dylan reference. :)
Thanks,
I do what I can, when I can. I have thought about letting the OD Goddess go myself, but I will finish it this summer for sure!
Be Safe My Friends,
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
QLD M37

Post by QLD M37 »

I now Owe A huge thanks to MM for being the caretaker of my M37. I have only just today taken it off road since i got it home and I am Overwhelmed by its performance it would have to be the best off road truck i have ever driven in my life. The bloody thing will go anywhere :D :D :D :D
Monkey Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monkey Man »

I am glad you're happy with it Matt, but remember, Pictures of your adventures are "mandatory" with all trip reports on here ;-)

Regards - MM
Trained Monkey on Guard
dodgem37@netspace.net.au
xm708
SSGT
SSGT

Post by xm708 »

Tony
Glad you will still be here. All others have said material things can be replaced and family can't. Enjoy the time you have with your dad. Lost my father in law in December and took in my mother in law so I know how it is. Another truck will come along even down there you will find one when it's time..