M37CDN Frame Serial Number Location Now Found

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Jess
SSGT
SSGT

M37CDN Frame Serial Number Location Now Found

Post by Jess »

I have several M37CDN trucks and one of them was registered as a Fargo with the data plate serial number. I want to get this corrected but need to confirm the frame serial number matches the data plate. CDN trucks all had the CAR# stamped on the top of the left frame rail between the grill and bumper. I have found this but not the frame serial number. Anyone with a CDN truck able to give me some direction on where to look. It is not where the US trucks are stamped. RMS or one of the other guys in the Vancouver area may have an idea and hopefully will reply.

Jess
Last edited by Jess on Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chris olson
PFC
PFC

Re: M37CDN Frame Serial Number Location

Post by chris olson »

Hey Jess... i remember seeing a (faintly ) stamped number on the side of my drivers side frame rail under the cab ( between the rear cab mount and the toolbox part of the bed) mine is very faint and it could be the serial number or some other number.....?
1952 M37cdn
Jess
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Jess »

Thanks for that Chris... I will have a look tomorrow and report back here.

Jess
Jess
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Jess »

Thanks for that information Chris. I checked where you suggested and found the frame serial number which matches my data plate number. In addition, there is what I think is a 7 digit part number stamped diagonally in larger numbers. That one is 1268107, which I will check against my parts book when I get a chance. The serial number on this M37CDN is 91401749 and CAR is 53-41488 stenciled on the passenger side of the hardtop and stamped on the front drivers side frame rail, between the bumper and grill. The current registration is using the correct serial number, and now we can verify the frame also. I should add all 4 of mine to the registry so we can track a few more CDNs, now that I know where to look.

Jess
chris olson
PFC
PFC

Re: M37CDN Frame Serial Number Location Now Found

Post by chris olson »

Great news Jess...glad I could be of some help
Also now that this thread exists the next guy who searches for it will have the information too
1952 M37cdn