Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

HingsingM37
1SG
1SG

Offline for a Spell

Post by HingsingM37 »

Hello Crew,

Just letting you all know I will be offline for about the next two weeks. Of course some of you are saying "well ya deadbeat you have not been around much this summer anyway..."

The wife and I are moving out of state. I will anouce where and why when we get settled. For those who already know whats happening please keep it a secret as to not spoil the surprise! Take Care :D :mrgreen:

David
David
HingsingM37
1958 M37B1
1968 M101A1 Trailer
MVPA# 33078

"Do Not Take Counsel of Your Fears"
General George S. Patton Jr.

"Those who pound their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not".
Gerry
MSGT
MSGT

Re: Offline for a Spell

Post by Gerry »

Have a safe move!!
Gerry

53 M37
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

My thoughts exactly-be safe!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Well David,
It's about time you check in so we know everything is ok-thanks in advance!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
T. Highway

Post by T. Highway »

David,

We will need pictures also or the move didn't happen..... :wink:

Bert
1952 M37 W/W Rebuild @ 59% complete
Engine rebuild @ 95% complete
1985 M1009, 1990 M101A2, 2008 M116A3 Pioneer tool trailer
MVPA # 24265
NRA Life Member
NRA Cert. Personal Protection Pistol Instructor
NRA Cert. RSO
Class III RSO/KCR
HingsingM37
1SG
1SG

Greetings from Sunny NC

Post by HingsingM37 »

Well hello gang,

After a few hectic weeks we are settled in NC and back online. Although we are still unpacking and living out of a ton of boxes. I never knew we had so much stuff! We returned from Ohio yesterday with the last round of my garage stuff, spare M37 parts, and yard junk. It is all packed into a small 10x24 outbuilding as I have no garage here yet.

Folks and the weather have been great.

Now for the really exciting news, seems I landed a job with a fellow named Charles at a place called M-Series Rebuild. I will be fixing up old Dodge trucks and MV's for a living now. :D Hard to believe I have been at the shop three weeks already. What a great change from the hectic sales office. I realize now how much mechanical skill I have gotten rusty on sitting at a sales desk for over a decade. It is good to get the wrenches out again for a living :) The crew is great and I am learning a great deal. The first two weeks I was quite nervous. I know how I would go about certain teardown procedures but I kept asking myself "is that how would Charles would do it?" I found myself asking a lot of questions I already knew the answers to as well as learning new things. The shop operates similar to aviation standards when it comes to cleaning and inspection of components. I am having a great time. My first task is an M37 engine rebuild with a disk brake upgrade and electrical re-wire.

I will post pics as soon as I load my Cannon camera software on the new PC. :mrgreen:

Regards, David
David
HingsingM37
1958 M37B1
1968 M101A1 Trailer
MVPA# 33078

T. Highway

Post by T. Highway »

Hello David,

This is wonderful news, I had a feeling that your move was going to take you south away from the Ohio winters.

I hope that everything works out well with your new wrenching gig.

Bert
1952 M37 W/W Rebuild @ 59% complete
Engine rebuild @ 95% complete
1985 M1009, 1990 M101A2, 2008 M116A3 Pioneer tool trailer
MVPA # 24265
NRA Life Member
NRA Cert. Personal Protection Pistol Instructor
NRA Cert. RSO
Class III RSO/KCR
W_A_Watson_II
SFC
SFC

Post by W_A_Watson_II »

David,

It's great to see you back on-line and to see you landed a dream job. Congratulations and we look forward to much much more.

Will
Thanks,
Will
1946 Dodge Power Wagon
1953 Dodge M37 - "Frankenstein"
My 1953 Dodge M37 WEB Site
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Jeez, I would have worked out that deal BEFORE the truck was finished! :)

Seriously, great to have you back, David. I'm sure Charles is working you over pretty well, too!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
jordankjcm
CPL
CPL

Post by jordankjcm »

Welcome to B E A U T I F U L North Carolina David! The Lake Tillery area is a gorgeous place to live and the folks couldn't be nicer! I was over at Charles' shop the other day picking up some parts and saw a real nice M37 with trailer attached (and Ohio tags) in his drive...that had to be yours. I wondered why a nice truck like that would be at his shop....now I know why.

Again, welcome to NC!

Jeff
Weddington NC
HingsingM37
1SG
1SG

Post by HingsingM37 »

Thanks guys. We are getting settled in although it still feels like a dream vacation.

My wife keeps asking "do we really get to stay here this time?"

I am having fun and I have been learning a lot of new things and refreshing my brain on stuff I forgot since my resto. Yesterday I tore into an early style trans and Charles educated me on the problem areas to look for. I love the smell of 60 year old gear oil in the morning :mrgreen: Charles has a wonderful crew and they have been most helpful and polite to the new addition from the north.

The BBQ and seafood is great down here. I am so far keeping the weight off. Of course it makes a difference not sitting at a sales desk all day anymore as well :)

Jeff, sorry I missed you. Was that transfer case yours? Yes that was my rig. I have not had time to clean it and move it to the house since we got here. It is covered with insects from the road trip down and I dare say that is the filthiest it has ever been LOL.

I will check back soon. Thanks to all of our friends for their support during this transition :wink:
David
HingsingM37
1958 M37B1
1968 M101A1 Trailer
MVPA# 33078

Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Glad all is going so well for you and your family David! We've missed your posts since you've been away-I suspect you'll get to meet a few forum members since you're working with Charles now, as well as getting to some different swap meets in that part of the country. Keep in touch!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

OK, I stayed quiet so as not to spoil David's surprise. It's great to have another knowledgeable M37 person on board. I have a super good crew who has trained hard to learn this trade and how to build stuff the best it can be. Most of all I'm thankful they are all very willing to give their best. David is a great addition; we feel fortunate he has come our way. All of my guys make me proud every day, they know how I feel about things getting done right, they try really hard. I only hope I can live up to being the best I can to them the way they have worked to build the name M Series Rebuild LLC. That is a pretty tall order for me to fill also.

Welcome aboard David!
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Charles,
Nice to know you have the business flowing so you could hire David to join your crew. Based on the quality of his truck rebuild, it is apparent that he also knows his way around a shop....
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
HingsingM37
1SG
1SG

Post by HingsingM37 »

As requested by Bert, here is a picture of myself at the shop to prove all of this actually did transpire :lol:

http://g741.org/photogallery/main.php?g ... ewsIndex=1

David
HingsingM37
1958 M37B1
1968 M101A1 Trailer
MVPA# 33078