"Not another M37 Build" Mk 2

Build and Restoration Threads Belong Here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Monkey Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

"Not another M37 Build" Mk 2

Post by Monkey Man »

OK, Photobucket basically trashed my thread with their Money Hungry Misbehaviour so I'll have another crack at it with another image host.....
After my M37 went to a new home and the financial situation improved I decided to get another vehicle but more modern with power steering, locally obtainable parts and a popular vehicle so there is a good knowledge base out there already.
I settled on an 86 F100 with a Jakab Ambulance body on it, got it a bit cheaper as the engine needed reassembly and it was already partially set up as a camper truck.
First Pics (before I got it and a LOT has happened since then, I'll try to tell the build history as it has happened....)

Trained Monkey on Guard
dodgem37@netspace.net.au
Monkey Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: "Not another M37 Build" Mk 2

Post by Monkey Man »

Got the unit home and after winching it onto the garage disassembly, assessment and planning could finally start......

Trained Monkey on Guard
dodgem37@netspace.net.au
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

That looks like a bargain-I would think there would be plenty of replacement parts available, combined with your free labor, Tony! :wink:
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
T. Highway

Post by T. Highway »

Alright Tony, I was wondering about this project and now you can get us all back up to speed with what you have been doing to it.

Bert
1952 M37 W/W Rebuild @ 59% complete
Engine rebuild @ 95% complete
1985 M1009, 1990 M101A2, 2008 M116A3 Pioneer tool trailer
MVPA # 24265
NRA Life Member
NRA Cert. Personal Protection Pistol Instructor
NRA Cert. RSO
Class III RSO/KCR
Monkey Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monkey Man »

It has been a LONG while since I posted, between work, hard financial times, losing interest in projects etc. I have finally gotten back in to to "effin" truck build...
What's a good photo hosting setup now so I can upload some of the gory build pictures?
Thanks

Regards - MM
Trained Monkey on Guard
dodgem37@netspace.net.au
Argie1978
SGT
SGT

Post by Argie1978 »

I'm using Flickr. The free account allows you to store like 1000 pictures, and you can share them in the BBcode with resolution options they give you, which comes pretty handy 'cause you don't need to do a resize before uploading. Unfortunately, something happened recently and they're changing the way the photos are stored: if you want to make your images private (can only be seen with a link) this will be limited to 50 images (started on May 17th).
This really affects me as I the kind of person that doesn't want images to be ready for search engines.
Or you can upload 'em here. Easy. :)

Sebastian
Sebastian
(sorry, I only speak in METRIC)
Monkey Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monkey Man »

Thanks Sebastian, I'll check it out....
I have been re-checking nearly everything the previous owner has fixed so I can fix it correctly, nothing surprises me about "creative" repairs any more.

Regards - MM
Trained Monkey on Guard
dodgem37@netspace.net.au
k8icu
1SG
1SG

Post by k8icu »

Hey Monkey Man you folks down under sure do like the thick heavy brush guards. Is that in case you hit a roo?
M37s are HMMWV in my world!
Monkey Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monkey Man »

Not so much Kangaroo's as they can make a mess of your front end but it's called a Bull Bar for a reason, on the outback roads stray sheep, cattle and other animals are a common occurrence so a bit of protection on the front end is essential and given that emergency vehicle travel much faster than regular vehicles a bit more protection is usually required....

MM
Trained Monkey on Guard
dodgem37@netspace.net.au