1951 M37 Air Force

Build and Restoration Threads Belong Here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

wadefreedomvehicles
PVT
PVT

1951 M37 Air Force

Post by wadefreedomvehicles »

Well, about a week ago I tore into the Carb on this truck and found out the pin on the fuel intake was missing, so I got one of those and replaced it and then reinstalled the crab and the truck is running great now. Drove it from one house to the other, where I have more tools to work on it. My goal for right now is to get it to a point where I can drive it around and then I will slowly do body work and get it repainted and looking good and like it just came from the Air Force.
Today I was able to get almost all the lights working, installed front lights, and got signals working, went to work on brake lights and they didn't work, the solenoid went bad, so I went over to Oreilly's to see if they had one(I was doubtful) They asked what the year make and model was, I told them they probably wouldn't have it, but heck lets give it a try, so he looks it up, they have the part. So I will go pick the part up on Monday and install it and then I will have brake lights. After that, I will replace the oil pan gasket and replace all fluids.
Well I don't want to reveal too much of my plans, so I will let you all enjoy this and keep you updated as progress happens.
Pictures also to follow.
wadefreedomvehicles
PVT
PVT

Re: 1951 M37 Air Force

Removed oil pan the other day, the front was leaking, turns out the plate that is under the front main bearing is cracked.
Good thing I have a donor motor from the M43 I am parting out. So after I replace that, I will put the new gasket on, and then put the pan back on.
Goal is to have it ready to be inspected so I can be driving it within the next week or so.
Also, quite a few of the parts from the M43 will be going into this truck, like the Oil Filter Canister, and a few other odds and ends.
wadefreedomvehicles
PVT
PVT

Got some extra parts today for the truck. Got the bed mount spare tire carrier, and the Slave receptacle.
Also finally put JB weld on the what I thought was crack, but after more investigation, it is a cut. Not sure why there would be a cut there...
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Post by m-37Bruce »

Where was this crack/or cut, not the oil pan I hope?
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
06boblee
SFC
SFC

Post by 06boblee »

pics!
'54 M37 wew
MVPA #16921
wadefreedomvehicles
PVT
PVT

The Plate that goes on the front of the engine that seals the oil pan.
I am working on figuring out how to add pictures.