M37 add-a-leafs?

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

choppa
CPL
CPL

M37 add-a-leafs?

Post by choppa »

sorry if this topic has been asked. (Tried a search found nothing so here goes)

Does anyone know if there is a suitable add-a-leaf available to add, say, an inch or two to the M37 leaf pack?

If so, does anyone have a part number/manufacturer?

anyyone with experience doing so? Did it work? how much lift did ya get, etc? did it last ? or sag quickly?

I have used lift kits in the past with rear add-a-leafs to level the A** end of the truck, seen them for front applications, but not sure they are avaialbe for the military dodge M37.

Or is there another off the shelf lift leaf avaialbe or does one have to go re-arch-custom route to achieve a lift?

thanks all.
sturmtyger380
SFC
SFC

Re: M37 add-a-leafs?

Post by sturmtyger380 »

You could try superspings. Just pick one that matches how the axle is over the or under the spring. I have a pair on my F-150 and they are great. Depending on which hole you choose on the end shackles determines if they are set up like an overload or to add lift.

http://www.suspensionconnection.com/sup ... 7AodpVYAbw
47 CJ2A
53 M38A1
52 M37
51 M38
67 M416
?? M101A1
M37N55
PVT
PVT

Post by M37N55 »

I did this to my springs at North End Springs in Winnipeg MB... They replaced all the broken and matched side to side. They re-arced and add-ed a 2" lift to them... But that is far as I can go with advice... still putting truck back together. It cost me 700 bucks for all 4 corners. Find a semi-truck spring place near you and they can do anything you need :)
1951 M37 Canadian
2014 Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi
Tuko
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Tuko »

I don't know what your comfort level is when doing fabrication but with a couple spare stock spring setups you can always make em like I did

51 Dodge M37 W/W 4BT/NV4500

My G741 Registry Entry
choppa
CPL
CPL

Post by choppa »

appreicaite all the advice and recomendations.

Yea, I am pretty confident, or at least comfortable with rebuilding a set of springs myself by adding leafs.

Heck, I rebuilt about 10 trucks in my MV life span :) and worked on and added lift kits to plenty of off road trucks in my earlier off-roading days...

was hoping I could find a Rancho, Super spring, etc company application part to just buy the add a leaf kits and install, but cant seem to find an application guide that lists the M37 (surprise)

But I guess if I cant find an add-a-leaf kits I could buy somebodies used spring packs and tear apart and give it a try.

thanks all