Jedawson1 M37 preservation/restoration

Build and Restoration Threads Belong Here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

jedawson1

Jedawson1 M37 preservation/restoration

Post by jedawson1 »

Good Afternoon Fellow Enthusiast,

I purchased a 1951 M37 last year and have finally found motivation to preserve the truck. The truck is very sound, and a great platform to start with, but unfortunately the previous owner had a stroke and was unable to drive it the last 3 years. It sat under some tree's on the side of a mountain in VA where the early signs of rot are creeping in. I have disassembled 90% of the body and will take them to a shop for paint as most parts have very little rust, I want to get it preserved now before cancer sets in. I have a thread on Steel Soldiers but was told this is the premier place to discuss M37's so here I am. I have questions and more questions will emerge so please help me by providing your experience where you see fit.

I'm working on file size to attach some pictures so you can see what I have, I have downloaded and printed several manual on the truck. Currently I'm looking for a schematic of the front and rear differentials prior to replacing all the seals and checking the bearings.

Anyone have a breakdown of the front and rear differentials, specifically how the bearing and seals go in?
jedawson1

Re: Jedawson1 M37 preservation/restoration

Post by jedawson1 »

Anyone else having and issue uploading pics? I have a list of pics under 2MB, but the limit is in KB? ?
Cal_Gary

Re: Jedawson1 M37 preservation/restoration

Post by Cal_Gary »

Welcome aboard! Thanks for saving another one. Check out the Tutorial section for uploading your photos. You might check the Vintage Power Wagons web site for an exploded view of your diffs. Tremendous group of folks on the forum here to answer your many questions, as most of us started where you are-at the beginning. It's a great hobby-enjoy it!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500