Walter

Build and Restoration Threads Belong Here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

tbone1004
SSGT
SSGT

Re: Walter

Post by tbone1004 »

Thanks, I actually have no earthly idea what is in there right now but I believe it is fine glass bead, was what was in the system when I got it. I have a guy down the street that does mobile blasting but also has a garage that he does smaller parts in. Since he doesn't reuse the media, he gives it away and it is all fine glass beads, so I have a one time used unlimited supply so I'll probably just go with that
tbone1004
SSGT
SSGT

Post by tbone1004 »

got a second transmission. Found a 2wd ZF5 locally for cheap and pulled that yesterday so now will have to try to sell this 4wd one. Shouldn't be too terribly hard, but hopefully some bronco guy wants it to replace the m50d or an auto. Out of town for a week then may be looking at a move to SC so the drivetrain swap is on hold for the time being, as well as all other progress unfortunately
tbone1004
SSGT
SSGT

Post by tbone1004 »

well unfortunately it looks like I might have to sell Walter. Moving here from Maine to SC and am having one helluva time finding someone to ship the truck as well as likely being in an apartment for about 6 months with nowhere to store it until we find a house. If a good offer comes in, I'll sell and try to start over. I'll keep the new drivetrain that I have sourced and we'll see what happens.
refit1701
1SG
1SG

Post by refit1701 »

That is bad news....it's not easy to let go of a project or start over when you had to do so.
-John
Member of Dixie Division MVC

1953 USAF M37 wow, restored
1962 M151 Ford Production, on the rotisserie now
1953 USMC M37 w/w -in storage
1942 M6 Bomb Service Truck (sold to UK collector)
1967 M116A1 Pioneer Trailer
1968 M101A1 Trailer
S-89 Comm box
Master Yota
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Master Yota »

Find a local friend with an empty corner of yard space. Its usually pretty easy to rent a car trailer and come back for "walter" when the timing is better suited to owning a project...
Ray
1953 CDN. M37
1954 CDN. M152
tbone1004
SSGT
SSGT

Post by tbone1004 »

Looks like this is the last of this thread for a while. It's going on a truck to a new owner in Greenville SC.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread ... -to-me-M37

He is going to restore it back to original and will hopefully start a new build thread on here when it shows up to him later next week. Sad to see it go, but it was the best option considering the circumstances. Once my current house sells and I get a new one I hope to find an elusive WC-53 Carryall and go that route since the SUV is a much better choice for my lifestyle *still slight peeved they didn't make an M series carryall....* or, go the car route and get a 1940's Chrysler New Yorker with the I8. Either way, thank you guys for all of your help and guidance, this project saved me from a lot of stress over the last 8 months and I have definitely learned a lot. Conveniently this truck is going only about 15-20 minutes from where I am moving so I will be able to help work on it as time is available so I will still hop on here from time to time, but as my M116a1 was sold a few weeks ago and now the truck is gone, I am MV-less for a while.

Cheers
Tom
coffey1

Post by coffey1 »

I am waiting on Walter to get here and can"t wait to meet him.
This will be something new for me as my other MV is one of the big boys M923A0.
But would like to return this to the od green with stars.
And yes Tom when ever you can spare the time I would enjoy your help as I know absolutely nothing.
I would say I will have lots of questions and have to do a lot of research and read read.
JimC
SSGT
SSGT

Post by JimC »

You gonna keep the 351 installation? That'd make for a perky truck in front of a manual 4-speed transmission.
coffey1

Post by coffey1 »

No I want it to go back to original as possible.