dark green canadian

Build and Restoration Threads Belong Here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

RMS
MSGT
MSGT

Re: dark green canadian

Post by RMS »

spring maintenance commenced today. started by pulling cleaning and inspecting the plugs.
then I moved onto the dizzy lubed the bushing and checked the points, gaped and a bit of lube on the block as the new points don't have a felt holder. checked fluid levels and replaced the brake fluid with the aid of a vacuum pump. hit all the grease nipples, cleaned up the excess and primed the truck with fresh non ethanol gas. 3 clicks out on the hand throttle and a bit of choke and she fired up in less than 2 seconds of cranking. did a few laps around the yard and checked the temp with an inferred gun it read 162. the exhaust felt a little hot so I gave her an 1/8 out on the idle screw...... and the oil sending unit gave out... :? grabbed a spare gauge and jumped 24v from starter and ran a feed to the sender...no action.....set up the test gauge on the 52 and ruled out a faulty gauge. this is the second oil sending unit to give up the ghost. I may break down and install a mechanical one....

Gave her a bath and took some pics

Image ImageImageImage
.............................. use it ...............
RMS
MSGT
MSGT

Post by RMS »

took the truck to a local car show the other weekend. I forgot how powerful a 37 feels with 5.83s..... even if its a 25in canadian 218 long block.

Image Image
.............................. use it ...............
Jess
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Jess »

Robyn, Looks great. Its nice to see them getting out and being appreciated by others. Mine is still trapped in the shop behind my current Case 580CK overhaul project, which is now running 6 months, rather over what I intended. Maybe I'll have mine out for our 150th Canada Day, next year.