Build and Restoration Threads Belong Here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Brett
SSGT
SSGT

Re: Modern Repower

Post by Brett »

Josh,
Thanks. I like contrast of the modern and the old. The throttle body is a cable unit. I believe GM kept the cables on their 4.8 and 5.3 until they went flex fuel in 07. The 6.0 had drive by wire from the start. I just made a new bracket for the pedal from the van, and used the van throttle cable as well. I do want to clean up the looks a bit under the hood, as it looks a bit cluttered.

Phillip,
I don't know much about the seam sealer yet, its just something I picked up at NAPA(think paintable caulk for bodywork). For the cab corners I cut out the bad areas with a cut off wheel. Then I made a template out of some cardboard(empty cereal box). Then cut the repair panel a little bit large, and start bending it and trimming it to fit. then I tacked it into place and slowly welded it up one tack at a time moving around the repair. then I ground down the welds with a flap wheel, knocked down any high spots with a hammer and dolly, and skimmed it with Bondo. Just take your time and you'll do fine.

Brett
snowdad
SGT
SGT

Post by snowdad »

Brett,
How are you adding pics to your posts?
Phillip
Brett
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Brett »

Phillip,

I first put all my pics in my album in the G741 gallery. Then when I'm doing a post I open up my gallery in another window. Then When I'm ready for a pic I click the "Img" button above where you enter the text. Then this will show up with the curser in between the Img's. Then switch to your gallery window, and open the pic you want. Then right click on your pic. Then click on properties in the drop down menu that shows up. In the properties window the URL will be listed. Highlight the URL and copy it(Ctrl+C). Then switch back to your posting window and insert(Ctrl+V) it between the [img]and%20the[/img]. It sounds complicated at first but its pretty easy once you do it a time or to. You can also press the preview button to check yourself first. If that doesn't get it for you Give me a call this weekend when your at your computer and I'll try and talk you through it.

Brett
snowdad
SGT
SGT

Post by snowdad »

Thanks Brett. I will give it a try.
windage

Post by windage »

3 years ago...very surprised no one has pestered him for an update ! What a nice, complicated build showing a lot of ingenuity !
52PLOWERWAGON
SFC
SFC

Post by 52PLOWERWAGON »

what kind of tires are those ?
Thanks,TRAVIS
When it comes to gambling I don't play the Powerball, I play the Powerwagon

1952 M37 FARM TRUCK
230 W/THRUSH EXHAUST, DELETED HEAT RISER AND 12 VOLT IGNITION

1941 WC RATROD
w/ 5 TON MULTIFUEL TURBO DIESEL